News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Early or Late June Trans SD Adventure Trail Group Ride

Started by mitchn06, February 08, 2016, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robmicgrn

I would like to ride the entire length just so I could say i did it......... Mitchell to wherever the current edition ends. Anybody have any idea of dry days needed prior to beginning so it doesn't turn into a mud-fest? Puddles are one thing but miles of gumbo? No thanks  :(  .
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Bogus Jim

Quote from: greatbuffalo on March 22, 2016, 05:20:45 PM
I would give the folks that have not done this trip the pleasure of the James River valley.

It's a pretty area. I rode it during a very heavy downpour. I stopped under some trees along the river to see if the rain would let up. It didn't, but it was kind of a zen-like experience sitting there watching the rain fall on the river.

Zen-like and wet.  ;D

Harry Potter

Greatbuffalo: It would be great to ride the James River Valley to Yankton to start this trip. Just give me the when and where those leaving from Mitchell should join up. You riding the S10?
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

ryani

We serve natural gas to all the colonies in the river bottom.

Great bunch of guys! And if you bring some cigarettes you can trade for turkey jerky and chicken fryers.  Good stuff!!
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

greatbuffalo

Harry Potter: I will not be doing this trip this time as I have to work that weekend. I really wanted to but couldn'nt make it work. I would like to make a day trip some weekend to this and something a bit different on the way back for the guys in this area. I know the James Valley Cycle Club has tried to do a group ride several times.

Ryan: I take care of folks from 3 of the river valley colonies. They truely are great people.  No one should believe the things they hear. Like everyone else they have their issues.

When they come to the hospital they often bring baked goods, smoked poultry, and veggies.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

Quote from: greatbuffalo on March 22, 2016, 11:56:28 PM
Ryan: I take care of folks from 3 of the river valley colonies. They truely are great people.  No one should believe the things they hear. Like everyone else they have their issues.

When they come to the hospital they often bring baked goods, smoked poultry, and veggies.

they are my relatives, well, distant now. But, my great grandfather, Eli Wipf, left the colony in the teens. He was a fairly successful business man in Mitchell in the 20-40's. I recently refinished his old desk for use in my home office, but that is a different story:

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

That desk is great. Cool family piece.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Harry Potter

So is anybody planning on doing this ride starting in either Mitchell or Yankton?
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

ryani

Tentative plans are to take off from my house on friday am. Not set in stone.

If people want to crash in the yard Thursday night, the wife was good with hosting a tent city party.

mitchn06

I'm excited for this ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

sandhillrider

Sleddog sent me a trans Nebraska route a couple years ago will have to see if I can take time to ride it east. It  starts at Fort Robinson and hits the South Dakota route at Gross back to Yankton.

Harry Potter

Ok Friday morning I am leaving from Ryan's house at a time he chooses. And since once to Yankton I have no idea where the route goes, I am following the pack. I still have been unable to down load or see the route so if someone can post something different from the ADVRider post it would be great. What bike are you taking Ryan? Is this route to bad ass for a beemer?

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Harry Potter

KTM would be the preferred brand..    I do want to finish the route. :)

ryani

I'm riding the retro klr.  The camping gear it will haul costs more than the bike did. Fingers crossed she will make it across the fnish line.

If everything is a given you can't call it an adventure!!!!!