Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Early or Late June Trans SD Adventure Trail Group Ride

Started by mitchn06, February 08, 2016, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

tannerc

This sounds like a perfect practice run before attempting the CDR or something more epic. I think I am in.!
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Bogus Jim

Jeez, pretty soon the whole DDSR membership will be going. I'll have to see what I am doing Memorial day weekend, maybe I'll tag along.

It would be good to find a different route from Rockyford to Buffalo Gap, that is mostly paved now. Maybe a couple scouting rides are in order.

greatbuffalo

Harry Potter,
This route has been completed manyntimes by guys with less skills than you have on the same bike. There have been a couple of crashes as well, but don't let that affect your decision.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it on my S10.
Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

I'd like to join the fun too, but not sure if it will work yet.

Sent from my TRS-80

grubbie

I would like to go also. Keeping an eye on the date and what equipment I can get by then. Never done any motorcycle camping.

Lonesome Dave

Grubbie, if your going, I'm going!  Can I do this on a Wee? Shinko 705 tires.

Maybe I shouldn't plan this, if I plan a head it will rain.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Bogus Jim

Bogus Jim

grubbie

Ryani, I don't know where you live, guessing Mitchell? Also, I see this is a camp-out situation. I assume all I need is tent/bag/pad type of thing, no need to pack food and such? This will be my first time doing something like this so any advice appreciated.

sandhillrider

Grubbie, I put wolfman side racks and a tail rack on my DR. With the wolfman waterproof side bags and duffle bag I can haul tent and all gear in waterproof bags. As for the right gear I still am not quite there, sleeping bag is easy but not found right tent yet. Now I will let Ryani tell us more about gear .

Robmicgrn

This has all the markings of the dirt version of "Wild Hogs".  ;D
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Robmicgrn

"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

ryani

Ha-ha gear?  Black garbage bags two layers if the cargo is important!

Mr. Potter would be the expert on off-road camping. Having Alaska trips under his belt makes him in the know.

Ya I'm in Mitchell. Almost see the corn palace!!!
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough