News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Early or Late June Trans SD Adventure Trail Group Ride

Started by mitchn06, February 08, 2016, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

My thought is if we do breakfast, do it at I90 TS. Perkins has a tendency to be quite slow in service. Just my 2 bits.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Harry Potter

Ok with me as I haven't eaten at either one in over ten years. And maybe a 9:30 departure is late?
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

greatbuffalo

Jack, would be possible to get some of those stickers from you. Let me know and we'll figure out when we can meet.

sleddog

Yes Dan. I'll drop off some stickers.  We usually get to Mitchell a couple times a month. I've got your phone number....I will call or drop you a text msg next time we come over. 

Also, before your departure I will send the latest updated tracks.  On the southern route out of Kennebec, I need to check out a washout, to see if it's been repaired since last fall. If it hasn't, I'll have a go-around. I'm also planning to redo the far west section from Scenic to Custer.

mitchn06

Quote from: sleddog on April 18, 2016, 08:07:49 AM
Yes Dan. I'll drop off some stickers.  We usually get to Mitchell a couple times a month. I've got your phone number....I will call or drop you a text msg next time we come over. 

Also, before your departure I will send the latest updated tracks.  On the southern route out of Kennebec, I need to check out a washout, to see if it's been repaired since last fall. If it hasn't, I'll have a go-around. I'm also planning to redo the far west section from Scenic to Custer.

Thanks Sleddog, you are awesome, and thanks again for putting your time and effort into these tracks and re-pioneering a great scenic route across the state.
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

greatbuffalo

Thank Jack. I work out of town a few days a week so if I'm not in town I'll have you leave them at the Yamaha shop and I can grab them there. My son works there.
And yes, thank you so much for your effort.

grubbie

Getting pretty excited for this. Looks like I'm in! Gathering up camping gear and getting the DR650 set up. Was gonna buy some tires to replace the stock trail wings, but probably gonna have to run 'em. Lots of good tread left but not the greatest tire for mud.....or loose stuff....or gravel......or grass....or big rocks.

mitchn06

Quote from: grubbie on April 20, 2016, 09:24:19 PM
Getting pretty excited for this. Looks like I'm in! Gathering up camping gear and getting the DR650 set up. Was gonna buy some tires to replace the stock trail wings, but probably gonna have to run 'em. Lots of good tread left but not the greatest tire for mud.....or loose stuff....or gravel......or grass....or big rocks.
Good thing the tsdat is mostly dirt...and gravel...and grass...and mud... 😝

Wizard

I am in also....the field grows...

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Robmicgrn

It seems like a lot of people are going. Ryani's yard is going to be a tent city. Maybe there should be a sign up thread like the rally? I would be interested to know where everyone is coming from so those coming from the west could ride out to Mitchell together. There seems to be a lot of people, and I am not sure who they all are, or where they are coming from. Just a thought. Hank ?
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: grubbie on April 20, 2016, 09:24:19 PM
Lots of good tread left but not the greatest tire for mud.....or loose stuff....or gravel......or grass....or big rocks.

Grubbie, just wanted you to know I got that!!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

There are plenty of us from Mitchell with several yards that can accommodate tents. There is also a couple shops in case any last minute fixes need doing. We should try to get out for a beer Thursday night. I can furnish the tipsy van with a driver so no one has to drink and ride. Or grill some grub at my shop. Let me know what you all wanna do.
It is an easy walk from my shop to Ryan's place or you can camp at my shop. Wizard also stated he has tent space a very short distance away.

kmuhlenbeck

2011 DL650A

mitchn06

poleburner

I am wanting to make it but I will have to see with work. I will post on the sign up thread when it gets closers and I know for sure.