Main Menu

Early or Late June Trans SD Adventure Trail Group Ride

Started by mitchn06, February 08, 2016, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleddog

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

kmuhlenbeck

Getting very excited. Farkling up the weestrom in prep of this and the rally.
2011 DL650A

KLC63

THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

Bogus Jim

I'm still on the maybe list, if I go I'd probably leave Rapid Thursday afternoon and take 44 out.

KLC63

Maybe we should try to ride out as a group, If that works for anyone else. Are you going to breakfast in the morning?

KLC63

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: Bogus Jim on May 13, 2016, 08:53:11 AM
I'm still on the maybe list, if I go I'd probably leave Rapid Thursday afternoon and take 44 out.

I'm just like Jim. (I can't believe I just said that.)  I would probably leave early Friday morning and catch up with the group in the afternoon. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

sandhillrider

If you think we will end day 1 around Gross I have a place to camp about 5 miles from Gross on the Missouri river bank.
We have a cabin with a grill and showers with plenty of tent space. I could stock the fridge with burgers and refreshments or eat in Gross and motor down. I think Friday nights are steak night at the Nebraska Inn.
Just thought I would offer. If we are faster than planned we may want to keep going.

kmuhlenbeck

That sounds pretty awesome. Should I be packing food? Or will we be able to buy it in towns on the way?
2011 DL650A

greatbuffalo

Mark that is an awesome offer and may be something to really consider. Should wait on the planners of this ride to decide.

As for packing food. I always find on a ride like this its always good to pack a bit of grub because you never know when it will be convenient to get to a store or food joint. I have found on rides like this the riders will figure out what works best for the group as far as food goes. Things are always a bit flexible.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

sandhillrider

GB
I thought I would just offer and let the planners decide.
If we are making good time we could be well past Gross.
If its wet we wont make Gross!!!!
May be something that has to be decided on the fly.

mitchn06

Not a bad idea at all, hope for the best, plan for the worst. Bring whatever food you can cook over a flame whether that be from a can or whatever. With the number of riders anticipated, I just can't say for sure where we will end up. Thank you for offering up. Part of the adventure is all of the unknowns. Realistically I think it could happen as I had planned on SScalp creek recreation area as night 1 end, which is only 35 miles from gross NE and probably closer to Sandhills rider's place. Play it by ear? Last time I did it I got food at pickstown and headed to S scalp creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

Lonesome Dave

Remember, you might have to commit to a location on the first night wherever it might be.  A few are leaving the west side of the state on Friday and meeting the group towards the end of the day one.  Just saying.
Older - Wiser - Faster !