News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Early or Late June Trans SD Adventure Trail Group Ride

Started by mitchn06, February 08, 2016, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogus Jim

I think the odds for me are dropping... it's not the weekend forecast I'm worried about, but the cumulative rain totals this week, along the route.

mitchn06

Meeting in Mitchell on the 27th at 830 in the Cabelas parking lot.
Meeting at Marlins at 0745 for breakfast or at 830 if you choose to do something else for breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

KLC63

The dates changed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

mitchn06

Quote from: Fast 7 on May 23, 2016, 12:05:03 PM
The dates changed?

No. The date has not changed. It has been this Friday-Monday for quite some time. Pm me if you are still confused.

According to the sign up thread, you are coming on Thursday evening and tenting that night, then getting up and leaving with us in the morning on Friday.

Harry Potter

So the Friday morning breakfast at the truck stop is out?
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

KLC63

Thanks HP. Meeting place not date. Is it going to be muddy with this weather?

mitchn06

Quote from: Harry Potter on May 23, 2016, 01:31:50 PM
So the Friday morning breakfast at the truck stop is out?
I must have breezed over that post HP, I have not heard from Dan GB for awhile, not too many people have signed in on the sign up page, so I'm really not sure who is coming when. I'll review stuff, give me a sec.

mitchn06

Ok. If we do breakfast, those going should meet at 745 ish as to make sure they get done before 0900 as that should be the latest we stay in Mitchell. It's not as easy as one thinks trying to organize a bunch of guys via the Internet. Lol

Lonesome Dave

Hell its not easy when they'll standing in front of you!  :o
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

You got that right Dave.

Looking at the long range forecast, the beginning of the weekend isn't looking good. If its gonna be a wash I'm not sure if I'm gonna ride. I'm no fair weather rider but the idea 15 or so riders, many with big bikes over slimy surfaces could be a chore. Crossing the Dejong Ranch in a downpour, or after one, would be ugly at best.

I hate to sound like a buzzkill but it is what it is. I'll make a more informed decision the closer we get.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

KLC63

I'm with you GB. Maybe we could plan alternate routs depending where the rain goes threw. Just a suggestion. I am up for what ever you guy's that live there recommend.

grubbie

Dang. Weather not looking good.....I would have to ride across the state in the rain to get there, then ride mud all the way back. Not backing out just yet, but not looking great. I bought a bunch of gear......dammit I wanna use it!

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

sandhillrider

Dave do you have room for my tent to?
If this washes out Bonnie thinks we should take the tent and come to the hills for the weekend.
I was on the Nebraska side of the Missouri today and its going to have to dry some to make those trails passable.

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: sandhillrider on May 23, 2016, 11:19:54 PM
Dave do you have room for my tent to?
If this washes out Bonnie thinks we should take the tent and come to the hills for the weekend.

Absolutely.  If you want I'll set up the camper too.  When we added the well cistern last year we also set up a camper pad.  You can haul your bikes or whatever.

Rally at LD's
Older - Wiser - Faster !