Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Early or Late June Trans SD Adventure Trail Group Ride

Started by mitchn06, February 08, 2016, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grubbie

Quote from: sandhillrider on May 23, 2016, 11:19:54 PM
Dave do you have room for my tent to?
If this washes out Bonnie thinks we should take the tent and come to the hills for the weekend.
I was on the Nebraska side of the Missouri today and its going to have to dry some to make those trails passable.
I was thinking the same thing, might be tempted to bring the camper though.

mitchn06

2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

sandhillrider

I'm still hoping it dries enough for the ride almost have the DR ready.
But might have to start prepping the WR for a plan B.

KLC63

Good plan, just got off the phone with Dave. Discussing a plan b. Weather is supposed to be great in the Hills this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

ryani

Are you saying I'm supposed to fuel up the 2 stroke for the weekend!?  I love the smell of premix in the morning
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

KLC63

I think it's a good idea looking @ the forecast. I want to do the ride, but not fight severe weather and gumbo on the bigger bike. Mud doesn't bother the smaller bikes. And there isn't much mud in the hills the begin with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

Lonesome Dave

I have lots of camper space.  On tap water would be limited.  Electricity should be easy, I have that wired into the barn now.

I just warned Elisa........something might be happening at our place.  She said sounds like fun and started worrying about food.  I told her we just need to worry about beer.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

It's starting to look like the planned ride is starting to fall apart because of weather.  I've had several phone calls already this morning, asking if this is real?  Hell yeah, I love parties!  My plans for this weekend included coffee, beer, & riding.  Not necessarily in that order.  Grubbie called to say he has lots and lots of hamburger that he can bring.  Lisa postponed her trip to Sam's club today to see if this develops into anything.  I can borrow another grill and get a couple of large propane cookers for breakfast(s).  Or, we just ride over to Sugar Shack. 

For those of you that don't know, I live up Nemo Road west of Rapid City.  We have plenty of room for tents and/or campers.  Everything is already mowed and level.  So if plan "A" falls through or needs modified, the "east side" can ride or drive out to the west side.  And we'll do something here.  I'll figure out a fire pit by then.

If it starts to look like more than a few people, I've got a deal already set up with Time Tool rental for a free tent.

And don't forget, I have a few trials obstacles already setup in the camping area.  I have doctor that lives next to me and an orthopedic surgeon behind me and of course EMS is only a phone call away!  What could go wrong! 

Older - Wiser - Faster !

MoreIsLess

I don't know what this talk is about the weather. I'm still going on the ride. I will collect your man cards in Mitchell.
2008 Buell XB12X

mitchn06

Good to have a back-up plan. Thanks Dave for "volunteering" your place. Haha. As of right now, my plans have not changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Potter

I am still in. It does say "Adventure Ride" in the title.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

mitchn06

Quote from: Harry Potter on May 24, 2016, 06:34:08 PM
I am still in. It does say "Adventure Ride" in the title.
I couldn't agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryani

Touché!  I'll go find my cajones and pack em in the side bag. I'm ready!
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

greatbuffalo

Too funny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?