News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Early or Late June Trans SD Adventure Trail Group Ride

Started by mitchn06, February 08, 2016, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLC63

Funny Mitch, He won't trade fire for his wheels. He already has it, that is what makes his wheels go.
THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

sleddog

Since it sounds like there won't be a gathering in Mitchell tonight, I guess I'll pass on coming over :-[ Maybe go to Last Thursday instead.

For those still riding the TSDAT this weekend, good luck & be safe.....If you have low front fenders.....ie...GS's & AT's :evil you might want to just go ahead & remove them

Robmicgrn

"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

ryani

I got a nice pointy stick packed. A multi tool stick
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

Hank

Have a blast guys.  I'm somewhat jealous.

Sent from my TRS-80

ryani

greatbuffalo

Glad I bailed. My man card is buried in the mud off the side. Could you dig it up for me and bring it back?
Thanks

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Hope you have ample pointy sticks!

Sent from my TRS-80

ryani

MoreIsLess

I got to be the first casualty. The Buell clutch just couldn't handle the mud. Or I couldn't run it properly  ??? Luckily my parents lived just a few miles away from where we were!
2008 Buell XB12X

greatbuffalo

Bummer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

ryani

Made it to sage creek last night. Had a buffalo appear out the dark about 10 yards away from the tent. He was a bigin!

Here's sun rise this morning. No rain!!!!!

mitchn06

The Mornin of the trip started out a bit soggy, but quickly dried up (dried the riders out) after the sun peeked out.

Things got a little muddy after Yankton, this stuff was the stuff GB warned us about. Rear wheels got locked up and a Buell clutch got fried

we made it to camp that night and got all set up and ate, had a blast chatting into the night before we retired to our tents. Around 4am, the storms rolled in. Loud thunder claps and lightning that lit up all the land was right over us. It rained into the early morning until about 9am
Breakfast was had in the shelter of our tents. We regrouped and packed up. The roads were soupy sloppy and we decided to try to buzz west to drier lands before hopping on the trail again.
We got to hwy44 and hopped back in the trail there. Lunch was had at Hamill. It was at this point we decided to keep pushing west instead of north. Not many more pictures of this day as it was lost to the concrete slab. HP wanted to see more of the landscape, so he branched off on his own for the afternoon only to meet up again later. We ended up frantically making it to camp at Sage Creek shortly before sunset and about an hour later Harry Potter shows up. It was this night the mighty bison crept through camp. Scenic was the first stop of that morning.
Ryan decided to slowly make his way back home at this point and Kyle, HP and myself proceeded to sheep mountain to have a see.
HP took off and Kyle and myself relaxed a bit on the top before taking back off south through Rockyford, redshirt and hermosa. Lunch was provided to Kyle and myself in Rapid where my wife and daughter were staying. I have several other relatives that live there as well. Kyle took a short nap before lunch, then my 2 cousins, Kyle and myself took off again into the BHNF where we put on another 45 miles of trails and ended up at the sugar shack for burgers and beers. We camped up the road off of 642 for the night, then parted ways Monday morning for the trip home.  Thanks to everybody who participated in the event. I had a blast and know others did as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

Harry Potter

Great report Mitch, it is what I should have written. :)
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

mitchn06

Quote from: Harry Potter on June 01, 2016, 12:53:34 PM
Great report Mitch, it is what I should have written. :)
Didn't know you wrote one up. I'll have to go find it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition