News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Air filter needed

Started by GlennB, February 27, 2016, 08:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlennB

Hey everyone,
I had to remove the fuel tank on my V Strom today to fix a gas leak between my fuel injectors.  That went well but I noticed my air filter really needs to be replaced.  Where do you all go for filters and such?  In town or online?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Glenn

greatbuffalo

Here's my 2 cents.

Find a decent local shop and give them your business. The more they see your face and the know you want to support them, the more apt they are to take care of you when the proverbial poop hits the fan. I will spend 10% or so more to keep my business local.

That being said, there are some I won't do business with. Not a huge fan of the way Vern Eide does business but I've please with what little I know of Empire Suzuki KTM. Others may have other ideas as this can be very subjective.

i just like doing business local.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Glenn, if I remember right, they're about fifty bucks and will last a long time.  My last one I got from Gage at MX Connection.  He always puts in an order on Mondays, he often will have it the next day sometimes two.  Aren't those things a pta.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

GlennB

Thanks for the info, I'll give one of these a call on Monday.  I need to get this ready for the next time we have a nice day like today so I can ride instead of wrenching on the bike.
Glenn

greatbuffalo

Glenn are you in the SF area or RC area? Your email addy made me think you are in SF.

Lonesome Dave

GB, he's in RC a few miles down Nemo Rd from me.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Ah, I see

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk