News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

First ride of the year 3/6/16

Started by greatbuffalo, March 06, 2016, 10:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

We took a bit of a ride today down a route many of you East River folks know fairly well. We took a slow gravel ride down the river bottom to Olivet and back to Mitchel by way of even more gravel. It was a great way to spend an afternoon with my my two boys and my buddy Paul.

Here are a few pics of the day.
This is my new Tablet/GPS mount. FLiR mount to follow.

Taken just south of the old dam at Mill Town.

Blue in front of the old elevator. Thankfully they have removed a modern bin that sat next to this that just ruined the photo.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

Every time I go to post pics I never remember how to embed them. I think you can right click on then to see them in my Google folder.

(edit) - I figured it out.)

Bogus Jim

I got out yesterday for a short ride as well. Maybe 80 miles of gravel.

Heading east on Elk Creek Road, I was doing about 60 mph (it's a wide gravel road). Looked in the left mirror, damned if there wasn't a VW bus coming up fast. He passed me, must've been doing 70-75. Pretty embarrassing but I decided to let it go, no sense crashing the first time out.

Robmicgrn

I rode for a bit yesterday. Wish I could have stayed out longer. I also took my youngest out on the back of the TW. I also gave the first riding lessons to my girls. within 15 min, my 13 y/o was doing laps around the house in first. She took right to it (I am a great teacher or she is a natural). the 12 y/o, not so much. She said she would rather ride on the bike. I told the 13 y/o next lesson would be 2nd gear and wheelies! She said awesome! I may have created a monster  :o !!!!

"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

greatbuffalo

Cool stuff Rob, way to get the family involved.

Jim, We ran into lots of ATVs but no VW Vans.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk