News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Here it is, new to the fleet!

Started by Lonesome Dave, March 07, 2016, 10:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

A lot of you have heard me talking about this since last Sept. after riding Harry Potter's Beta.  Couple of months back Cadet and I started talking about this one.  You might remember Cadet got this on a super deal out of Las Vegas and had it shipped to Sioux Falls.  Considering he just bought a new 300rr last fall he was asking himself why he had this one too.  That's about the time I called him and he felt sorry for me.  It arrived at my house today.  I was anxious to take it for a quick ride, but then it started raining.
What is it?  2012, Beta 400rr.  It was sold as new demo and still comes with a warranty.  Thanks, Cadet.

So if there's anyone out there looking for a sweet 2015 WR250F its going up for sale soon.  I have to pay for this new red one!

Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Cool!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

tannerc

SWEET! Perfect BH bike! Nice find, cant wait to see it in person.

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

tannerc

Dave Turner @ Getdirtybikes.com usually has the best prices on Beta paraphernalia. He is  good guy to work with too!
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

Cool!   I bet you like that a lot!

cadet1

That sure is a sharp bike! Makes your shop look way better.

Bogus Jim

Nice! For those longer rides to the trail head, I bet it's going to be a lot more comfortable than your trials bike.

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Harry Potter

That is really a sweet looking Beta. Mine looks pretty plain Jane compared to yours. Your really going to
love the bike. The power delivery is so easy to control and smooth. Congratulations Dave, nice birthday
present. 
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Lonesome Dave

Thanks HP, and everyone else!  I took it out for the first time tonight.  I put on about 10 to 15 miles on the ridge behind my house.  I feel the same way I did after riding HP's 450rr last fall.  Loved it.  This thing feels just like the first time I rode my old WR250R, except way faster.  It just fits me.  Cadet said he was amazed at how it just keeps revving, it doesn't seem to run out of rpms.  I agree.

Bogus Jim, you were right, the gearing is wider spread than the new WR250F.  Not sure about the low end.  It pulls all the way through 6th gear,  in fact at 80mph it was still pulling hard and had plenty of revs left to go.  But it was dusk with deer hanging around, so enough of that.
Anyway, I'm very happy with it.

For Sale 2015 WR250F will post it soon.

Older - Wiser - Faster !

sandhillrider

Looks great, you'll have fun with that.
How does to do on the Grubbie rock in the yard? Further to fall?

Lonesome Dave

That's a good idea, I'll have to try that.  Maybe I can put another mark in the rock!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

grubbie

Quote from: sandhillrider on March 09, 2016, 08:08:49 AM
Looks great, you'll have fun with that.
How does to do on the Grubbie rock in the yard? Further to fall?
Yet another unprovoked attack...........tragic.