News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Hyde Skid Plate

Started by Lonesome Dave, March 27, 2016, 08:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Anybody have any opinions about this plastic skid plate.  They say the carbon fiber are much more brittle.  Besides, carbon fiber cost twice the regular price.  I like aluminum, but you know what kind of noise they make.

Maybe TM Designs, but web doesn't show Beta.

http://www.hyderacing.com/store/dirtbike/beta/4t.htm?pid=2
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Harry Potter

I believe it has been discussed in the Beta section of thumper talk. And you could give Dave Turner a call at Get Dirty Dirt Bike Parts. My Beta came with an  aluminum plate and I coated the engine side with auto body undercoating and put rubber between the plate and the bike.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Bogus Jim

I think TM Designs has one for beta 4 strokes.

http://tmdesignworks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=325_327_401&products_id=1127

I've had both carbon fiber and TM designs, I prefer the latter, better side coverage.

ZIGGY

I have one of the Hyde plates installed on my '08 Beta 400. Very light weight and quiet. They seem pretty tough, but I did knock a hole in mine on a very hard rock hit. Saved the case! I bought mine from getdirtydirtbikes, and Dave had a new factory warrantied replacement shipped to me for free!

tannerc

im using a hyde.
Seems to work well, I had to modify it a little because of my half breed Beta. Yours should bolt right up and run, just like it was formed for your bike.

I do have a few scars in mine but it offers a lot of protection, its light, people swear it helps you slide over logs like they are greased ( i dunno about that)
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Lonesome Dave

I think its going to be the Hyde.  I kind of liked it the best anyway.  Anything that will help me get over logs is worthwhile!!
Thanks you all.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

I haven't tried one, but have had good luck with the carbon fiber ones. Probably 10+ years on them and no problems at all.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike