News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Sleeping. Cot

Started by NDave, March 29, 2016, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NDave

I am to old to sleep on ground.        What are you folks using?

KLC63

Here is what I have found. I haven't tried it yet but it looks good.

http://www.advdesigns.com/hiteulcocoma.html
THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

ryani

That thing looks slick!  Might have to upgrade my big agnes air pad
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

Dr Psyko

Aerostich carries that as well. Pricey but beautiful at 2:00 AM on the floor of the tent...
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

greatbuffalo

There was just one of the cots that Fast 7 posted on ADV for $135 with the highrise kit. Killer deal but was sold before I saw it. Sold pretty darn quick.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

NDave

I went with a themorest size XL for   $160 on Amazon.      Now to see if it fits in a tent.       I am thinking 10+ nites  in July

Bogus Jim

I use a Exped Synmat UL 7.

I slept on it for 6 weeks in a row once, man that sucked but still better than the ground.

KLC63

Amazon has several selections. I give them way to much money.
THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

greatbuffalo

Dave you need to let us know how you like it after a some nights. They don't take up much more room then an inflatable mat.
Are you planning a trip in July?

bikergirl4ever

We use Luxury Lite/thermorest cots  with an Exped or Nemo mat on top. It is a  comfortable setup. We prefer this setup rather than staying in many of the motels.
Live, Laugh, Love

bikergirl4ever

The cot on ADV Rider for $135 is still available. The guy who posted that he would take it, added to the post and said he changed his mind.
Live, Laugh, Love

NDave

Yes Dan   Me and couple blokes from Noda Cota be going on a walk about on KLRs   Bighorns to Moab with a lunch break in Conarado. 
Comfort is first so cot seems cool.   
Safety is third so I scored a pair of Mark and Bonnie boots
Looking good is second so I am modifying a plastic lawn chair with a back and armrests to fit over the stock seat.            Which is better green or tan ?

greatbuffalo

Green.

Sounds like a great ride.

grubbie

Comin through this way, Dave? We got lots of room to camp, or we have 3 extra beds plus the camper if you wanna cheat.

Bogus Jim

Hey NDave. Not sure if you know this but Moab is frickin HOT in July. Pack a swamp cooler on that KLR.