News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Rumor has it......

Started by Lonesome Dave, April 18, 2016, 10:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Someone out there hasn't been totally honest with his Beta buddies and forum brethren.  Maybe he wants to keep it a secret or maybe he's been busy.  But, this reporter has learned today there will be a 2011 Beta 450 RR coming up for sale with very low miles in Rapid City.  And, an extremely nice 2010 T-dub with 500 miles, its spotless.  Both are for sale right now, but the prices are yet to be determined.  Anyway, someone did some horse trading this weekend and is getting a new ride.  I'll let him confess.  :evil
Older - Wiser - Faster !

BCB1080

Anxiously awaiting price on the TW200! Can I pre-dib with a price point clause?

Harry Potter

Well when I saw your post Dave I had to pull another Kleenex. I have been having pretty severe sellers remorse on the Beta. For me parting with a bike is like throwing out my favorite dog. I have so many good memories with the Beta, twice to Moab, once to Nevada, and of course the hills. But with this anxiety separation problem bikes seem to multiple in the garage. I couldn't park in the garage last winter so I decided it was time to thin out the bikes on a two for one trade in. I let the Beta go knowing that this fall I'll probably get another one. Beta announces new bikes June 1st.,not  long and 2nd year Inprovements  to the FI could be coming The next two bikes to go are a fully farkled DR650 and a WR250R if any body is interested. The TW200 was a bike I built for my wife. When I finish mowing tonight, I'll do a write up on the Beta and the TW200, both have some special features.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Bogus Jim

I have no idea what happened in this thread. You Beta owners speak in some kind of strange code.

Bogus Jim

The references to horse trading, Kleenex, and mowing confuse me. Is Kleenex a code word for "wheelie"?

Bogus Jim

Dave don't reply to this. You're just going to confuse me.

Robmicgrn

I thought Beta's were fish? My kids had a couple. They pulled a Kleenex when I got rid of them too.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Bogus Jim

I don't know if Beta's are fish. But Nemo was a fish. He got flushed down the toilet, or something. In a movie. Finding Nemo.

Bogus Jim

Woo Hoo!!! Caught up to Lonesome Dave's post count.

I'm going to beat him to 1,000 posts.

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: Harry Potter on April 19, 2016, 06:38:25 PM
I couldn't park in the garage last winter so I decided it was time to thin out the bikes on a two for one trade in.

This is easy, buy storage or build another garage.  I got room, you can store bikes at my house!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: Bogus Jim on April 19, 2016, 09:20:36 PM
Woo Hoo!!! Caught up to Lonesome Dave's post count.

I'm going to beat him to 1,000 posts.

I knew it.....
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

Harry, I'm sure the timing will be wrong, but let me know about the DR.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

Dave, stop replying to every post. That technique is reserved for great buffalo, who has 2,000 posts or something.

Bogus Jim

Harry, I'd be interested in the 1190 if you have one for sale.

Bogus Jim

I think I've figured it out... when a Beta owner says "pull a Kleenex" this is what they really mean: