News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Doo tools

Started by fringefan, August 04, 2008, 01:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yeti

Hmmm...wonder if Jason would be interested in helping me with a canisterectomy, SAS removal and jet kit on my nine-fiddy....???    8)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

fringefan

Quote from: AquaTop on August 15, 2008, 03:13:37 PM
Dude that is awesome!  I will order my doo kit from Eagle Mike asap!

What do you think about a valve job?  Would it be worth it to split a kit and hope we all need different ones?  I don't know really anything about it except that it's good to do, and I didn't really want to have dozens of shims that I don't need.

Jared
Jeff said he has some shims if you know what size you need and he will swap his for your old ones plus $5.00 each. Said need to show up early so engine is cool and it needs to be cleaned prior to the work or it will add another 30 min.

Jared

From what I've read you've got to have it apart to take the measurements so by then it's too late to order 'em.
I'll call Black Hills Power Sports and see what they've got, maybe I can just buy a bunch of singles and return what I don't use.

Hank

Quote from: Promo Yeti on August 15, 2008, 04:32:05 PM
Hmmm...wonder if Jason would be interested in helping me with a canisterectomy, SAS removal and jet kit on my nine-fiddy....???    8)

I'd love to help you out with it, if we can figure out a place to do it (Feel like taking a scenic ride to Watertown?  :-\ ).   Doing all that stuff is fairly intimidating when you start, but half way in you really figure out what is what and it becomes pretty easy.  There is so damn much plumbing that gets yanked..   Definitely cleans up the bike.    If you remove the SAS you'll need to get cans or de-cat the stock ones I think.   I don't think the cats will work right (won't burn hot enough) without the SAS system in place and will eventually clog up.

fringefan

Quote from: AquaTop on August 18, 2008, 11:31:13 PM
From what I've read you've got to have it apart to take the measurements so by then it's too late to order 'em.
I'll call Black Hills Power Sports and see what they've got, maybe I can just buy a bunch of singles and return what I don't use.

I think they sell them for $6.00 a piece

The Yeti

Quote from: Jason H. on August 19, 2008, 06:23:44 AM
If you remove the SAS you'll need to get cans or de-cat the stock ones I think.   I don't think the cats will work right (won't burn hot enough) without the SAS system in place and will eventually clog up.

Hmmm...never heard that one before. Might have to wait on the SAS, can't afford cans for quite some time. :)

Thanks for the offer,though! If we can get a tech day set up before the September ride that'd be cool. Is everyone thinking tech day on Thursday or Friday?

fringefan

First off we need some more smiley icons. And second to the thread jackin KTM lovers this is a Doo topic you need to go to that empty KTM space ;) Just kiddin because we know your closet klr lovers and wish you still had one.

Now where is the best place to buy the Doo? Checked arowhead and man that site is worse than the msn group site. Schnietz racing (i think) has the eagle one for $39.95

loingrader

closet klr lovers.  i've been thinking that too.  either that or i will be forced to buy an adventure as my next bike since my current ds steed is a klr.

i bought my doo kit direct from eagle mike.

http://www.klr650.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=125

-bret
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Quote from: fringefan on August 20, 2008, 04:10:29 PM
First off we need some more smiley icons. And second to the thread jackin KTM lovers this is a Doo topic you need to go to that empty KTM space ;) Just kiddin because we know your closet klr lovers and wish you still had one.

Yeah, yeah...we started our own thread in KTM, AND KEEP YOUR THUMPER LOVIN' ASS OUTA THERE!   8)

IF I could have two, no three...wait, FOUR bikes, one would definitely be a KLR!!  ;D

fringefan

Hank

I was reading about the 705 kit for the KLR, and it is giving me a serious itch to sell my DRZ and get another KLR.   With the 705 kit and some serious suspension upgrades, it would be frickin' great.  Actually they're pretty great stock, but I can't leave anything stock.

fringefan

You can get the 685 kit for less than 300.

Hank

Yes but the 705 kit is 20cc's cooler.

fringefan

Yes it is. You should get one so I can see if it is worth it ;)

I have seen several post regarding the dyno results for both but I have heard the 705 is FAST. Curious what kind of mpg both of them get.

fringefan

Scratchingmy head. Sent Mike a pm with no response yet. It says send a check of paypal the money with no paypal? How did you get ahold of this guy?

Just want the doo kit and the subframe bolt upgrade hit. I was thinking about the risers but still thinking on those.