News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Doo tools

Started by fringefan, August 04, 2008, 01:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

just figure out what everything will cost and paypal him the money.  i include a description of what i am buying from him in the paypal message thing.  he will send out asap, or will let you know if something is on backorder.  he ships out so much stuff that he doesn't pm much or communicate a lot regarding orders.  he just ships them out as he gets paid. 

sounds sketchy, but he is a stand up top notch guy. 

i've ordered things from him on at least 4 or 5 occassions with no problems at all.

-bret
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

I was not sure what his Pay pal was so I found his email on his website and used that which worked. Once payment was made he responded right away for a shipping cost.

Sounds like there is some bad blood between him, arrowhead, and klr650.com. I understand both side of the argument but when a guy takes Kawi's design and makes it better and then someone does it to him but makes it cheaper, I find it hypocritical. I know that when it comes to the Doo, better to just buy from Mike. I would rather have saved $20 on the cheap eBay rising links.
Any company that sells parts for less money help's control costs across the board and their is nothing wrong with capitalism. Kind of a sore subject on KLR650.net

Hank

While I really like 650.net, I find it f'n ridiculous how hypocritical that site is some times.  The site owner prevents you from mentioning 650.com -  the name actually gets bleeped (*****) out if you type it, and the reason is 650.com has a bad habit of taking good designs / good selling products and having them made in China.   Now, I agree that sucks, but what's funny is the same guy was trying to get some deal going selling Chinese 4 wheelers.  Yes, of course those Chinese 4 wheelers are original designs.  They couldn't possibly be knock-offs of Hondas could they?

And of course if he ever sees this I'll be banned from there.    LOL!  ;D  ;D

fringefan

I wrote a response similar to what I wrote and was suprised I did not get banned. Glenn did close the thread after a nasty response though. I have found that more people sell used stuff which of interest to me but other than that it is not a great place for a new rider to get info. Lots of haten on that site and it is not good for the soul.

Jared

Do we have a solid date for this tech day?

fringefan

He said this week works but does not care to do it during labor day weekend. I am just waiting for my parts to get in and I will give him a call. I would like to do it Wed or Thur this week.

Jared

Would next Wed or Thu work for you?  I just ordered mine 2nite. :(

Jared

This Wed or Thursday afternoon works good for me, this weekend I'll be in Douglas WY at the free Appleseed Shoot.  Next week is pretty open too.

fringefan

Jeff actually emailed me today but I have not recvieved any of my stuff yet ???

Jared

Weird, I got mine from Mike on Saturday.  ??? ???