News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

TTR Dual Sport Tires

Started by brockmub, May 02, 2016, 10:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brockmub

I always wondered why they cost 1k, that makes way for sense.  Thanks Hank.

Lonesome Dave

I ordered a Baja no pinch also.  I'm going to give it a try.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

For the record I have not ordered a Baja no-pinch yet. I think I am probably in the minority.

I did change a couple tires this evening though. I almost ran out of Windex but other than that things went pretty well. 150/70-17's are a pain to change. I did not pinch either tube so I am rewarding myself with a couple cold beers now.

Lonesome Dave

Jim, you should have called.  I would've brought it over and let you use it, and then I could drink your beer!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on May 08, 2016, 08:42:49 AM
Jim, you should have called.  I would've brought it over and let you use it, and then I could drink your beer!

Well I didn't know that you had the tool until last night. Should've known though, you like tools.

sleddog

Quote from: Bogus Jim on May 07, 2016, 08:49:13 PM
For the record I have not ordered a Baja no-pinch yet. I think I am probably in the minority.

I'm in there with you....

Bogus Jim

Interesting... apparently Baja No Pinch copied (some would say ripped off) the tool from a company in Estonia.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/anyone-spooned-on-the-mitas-e-09-rear-tire-themselves-manually.974580/page-2#post-24108141

Since there was no U.S. patent, I guess it was technically legal to copy the design... oh well.

grubbie

I've been changing my tires with only the tools I carry on the trail just so I can learn to do it the first time without pinching a tube........I am NOT GOOD. But getting better. I have new tires ready to go on the DR and the wifes CRF. Let the cursing begin. When I get good and practiced up, I might order one of those for the shop.

Dr Psyko

It's just never fun. I've changed a few over the years, and if there's an easy way (on the shoulder, in the mud, 95 degrees on the freeway), it's yet to be discovered.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

grubbie

New tires are on the DR,.....did not have to buy two new tubes. Victory is mine.