Anyone know the where abouts of any caves on the black hills atv trails?

Started by ownbeyheather, May 15, 2016, 12:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ownbeyheather

Hello. We searched for days for erskine cave. Finally found it with help of this site. Does anyone knw of any other caves close to the atv trails?

greatbuffalo

We at DDSR have taken a coarse were we no longer make the whereabouts of caves public on the forum. This is both out of respect to the very fragile cave environments and the creatures that enhabit them. We have seen far too much vandalism and disrespect shown to these areas. We know our members and the way they respect the areas we explore. If we put this info out there we have lost our ability to control it and thus may be responsible in more destruction.

That being said, we are an all inclusive group of dualsport riders and if that is your thing, you are more than welcome to join us at any of our events or get togethers and in time learn what some of our very experienced riders know. I see that you are ATV riders and while many of us are ATV riders as well DDSR is a dualsport motorcycle group meaning most if not all of our rides are unsuitable for ATVs.

I hope you do not find this offensive or that we have an air of exclusivity but have learned lessons over the years. All of our rides to sensity places are led by senior members of our group and rider conduct is strictly enforced to protect our  uniquiqe places.

I reiterate, everyone is welcome at our events and who knows, you just might find 2 wheels are better then 4.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

ownbeyheather

I have grown up here in the black hills. Sturgis to be exact. Just moved back with my family. I absolutly love the hills and trails and all they have to offer. I am completly shocked that i cannot take my children to find the caves like when i was a kid. However i do understand your concerns for the cave saftey and animal habitats. Thanks for your reply. I knw enough people on the trails to find the caves. Erskine was awsome. Do you knw if they wil really unlock the gate at end of may?

Lonesome Dave

I believe you must ask the Forest Service, get a permit, and then they'll give you a key.  That sounds simple, but I'm sure its not.  Its still dependent upon their opinion of what they think might be happening with the bat population at the moment. 

If you have Cave interests, the Black Hills Grotto club meet in Hill City at 1900 hours (?) on the 3rd Thursday of every month at the Slate Creek Cafe.
LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

Unfortunately nothing is "like the good old days" too many idiots screwed that up for all of us. 
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike