News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Party At LD's house "Plan B"

Started by Lonesome Dave, May 26, 2016, 09:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

This is basically plan B for some of the guys that were going to go on the 2016 Trans South Dakota Adventure Trail starting tomorrow morning.
Instead they're doing the plan B.

Tomorrow Robmicgrn, Fast7, and myself are meeting at Sugar Shack @ 0930 to go trail riding.  Its not going to be a very long day, but we're going to turn some wheels anyway.  Everyone is welcome.  Tomorrow night, Sand Hill Rider & Bonnie, along with Grubbie and Heidi, are camping at my place for the weekend.  Not sure what we're doing for supper, going into town or whatever.  Anybody that wants to start a plan, go for it.

A bigger ride is being planned for Saturday.  Who knows where, might even be a couple of different groups.  Saturday night we're having a barbecue, Grubbie is  bringing the hamburger.  Elisa is going to Sam's tomorrow to get some fixings.  Anybody can show up when they want, we'll probably eat around 600ish.  We're also going to have a fire pit going and trials bike course set up!!

EVERYONE is welcome on the Saturday ride and supper.  Probably should byob on Sat. night or you might get thirsty.

Sunday, don't know for sure, but I know there's going to be some riding.  What and where, who knows or cares!

As you can tell, this isn't going to be a well planned weekend.  But I think it will be pretty much do whatever you feel like.

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

I've read this 3 times and I still don't know if I'm supposed to bring a GoldWing or a trials bike.

Robmicgrn

Quote from: Bogus Jim on May 26, 2016, 10:06:32 PM
I've read this 3 times and I still don't know if I'm supposed to bring a GoldWing or a trials bike.

Don't be ridiculous........... Bring the Goldwing  :evil
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Wacked

You know Sue always likes a party.....   For Friday night Independant Ale House seemed to treat everybody good this past Spring.  The seating was better for a smaller group.  Otherwise Rings and Wings on Sheridan Lk Rd might do better for a larger group

Wacked

Lonesome Dave

I'm good with all of that, just don't know when the campers are getting here yet.  Grubbie should be here b4 5.  Mark & Bonnie not sure.  Wait and see I guess.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Wizard

Zippy and I made it home in one piece.  I just wanted to thank everyone again!  This was about as good as a weekend gets!  I really appreciate everything!  Lets do it again in a few weeks!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

grubbie

Bogus Jim

Sorry I missed you guys, I went to the Bighorns and did some practice for the iron butt. I don't think my butt is iron, maybe brass, copper, or plastic. Did manage 600 in 9 hours though.

greatbuffalo

My butt is made of flesh and not much of it. I decided this weekend I'm not cut out for the Iron Butt thing either.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

sandhillrider

Thanks for hosting Dave and Elisa.
Great times.

Fletch

I to am an Iron Butt failure, my friend Jeff and I decided we would try it on the first day of one of our rides. We were heading to the west coast, no particular plan as usual. We left Rapid at 5:30am and headed west. We were killing it, gas stops were mere minutes and by 3:30 and we were in Missoula (around 700mi.) when we stopped for gas. we were so excited, 300 more miles would be a piece of cake! Then we saw it, a Hooter's... We could use some food and we are making good time so why not treat ourselves. The young lady waiting on us was very good at her job.. several beers later we made it to the hotel across the street.. and so ended our iron butt attempt.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

BCB1080

Fletch I want to hang out with you...I too am easily distracted by things like Hooters and Beer especially after 700 miles...just do 1300 tomorrow  ;)

sleddog

Quote from: greatbuffalo on May 31, 2016, 09:35:28 PM
My butt is made of flesh and not much of it. I decided this weekend I'm not cut out for the Iron Butt thing either.

It's mind over matter Dan. If you don't have a mind it don't matter...... ;D

greatbuffalo

Ya know, I'm an A.D.D. adult and as I stated in another thread I have nothing to prove to myself or anyone else for that matter. I rode 150 miles or so on Friday, half gravel. I rode 320 miles on Saturday. I rode offroad a good part of the day and some twisties on Sunday. I slabbed it home from Rapid on Monday in 40 mph winds so I could get home to work a night a night shift. That was plenty of butt time for my ailing body, followed by 12 hours of on my feet time.

I'm still paying for it, but I had a great time.

Sleddog, my mind went AWOL a long time ago.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?