News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Memorial Weekend Trans Dakota Ride is a 100% Success

Started by Harry Potter, May 30, 2016, 04:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

Quote from: Harry Potter on June 01, 2016, 12:36:56 PM
Something about being on a bike opens up so many more friendships.

I find this to be very true. several years ago my bike trip partner Jeff had to bail out at the last minute due to an injury. I decided (reluctantly) to go alone. Ended up having a great time! I met more people on that solo trip than on all my  other trips combined. If you haven't done a solo trip I would highly recommend it.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

mitchn06

I certainly agree on the weather aspect of it. Smallest amount of water on some of those roads..... No apologies necessary HP, it's tough to try to please everybody on a trip like this. There are too many different types of riders, fast riders, slow riders, riders that take in the scenery when going by, or having to stop and photograph, riders that like long breaks, short breaks, the list goes on and on. Best thing is to find riders like you, or hit the trail solo style. All said and done, I had a blast and enjoyed every minute of it, even the 120 min spent playing in the mud sweating my butt off. Thanks for participating! See you next time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

baptistratz

I hope there's more than one category for BMW riders.  :o

Harry Potter

I pick on BMW riders because I am one. Also like dissolves with like so we talk to each other a lot although KLR riders are a lot more interesting to talk to.

Fletch you are so right on solo rides.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

greatbuffalo

I love solo rides. Strangers find you more approachable and EVERYONE has a motorcycle story.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?