News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Tire Changer

Started by Lonesome Dave, June 09, 2016, 10:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Well I went "ALL In."  I tried buying Gage's used tire changer (MX Connection) but that fell though.  So here's my new tool.  I ordered it about 2 1/2 weeks ago and have been waiting.  Now all I have to do is learn how to use it!  So here's an open offer, you want to come out to my house and bring beer, we'll change your tires.  Or at least drink beer. 

And if you willing teach me how to change the tire, I'll buy the beer.  I have a couple of Tiger tires waiting right now.  Plus a couple of easier ones.
I thought I might bring it along for the rally, just in case.

Fletch, I almost got an orange one.  I really liked the color, but I figured I better stay with the beta red! 
This one has the optional bead breaker included.  The stand is around $150 bucks plus 25 shipping.  The one in the picture is $250 shipped.

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

Hmmm.  I need tires on he 300 and the 1190 so.........
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: Fletch on June 09, 2016, 11:03:24 PM
Hmmm.  I need tires on he 300 and the 1190 so.........

Great!  beer, beer, beer, beer!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

grubbie

Pshshhhh..........You and your gadgets! Tire irons, cursing in the gravel on your knees, as the good Lord intended!

Lonesome Dave

I knew I'd start catching grief!  But for beer..........   Hell, how do you think I sold the idea to Elisa, beer.  I told her this little thing we'll be like a own little brewery!

Hey, Grub I have your camper water hose.  So when your in town sometime.

Going to really miss you and Heidi at the rally.   I'll miss picking on you!  Hell we'll all miss picking on you!!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

You are going to love the bead breaker on tubeless rims Dave. You should do one manually, just to see what you're missing!

Hank

Looks like a complicated way to trim the crust off your pizza.

Robmicgrn

Will it fit in your bag for trail side use? ;D
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

greatbuffalo

That was my thought Rob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Robmicgrn

I have a stand (like that without the beadbreaker) and find it handy. I did use my new "Baja Tool"  the other day, putting new shoes on the 530. Front tire was a piece of cake. Rear tire  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( . I actually ripped the bead a little struggling to get it on. Frustrated, i went back to the big spoons, no problem, tire on......I am sure the Baja problem was totally operator error  ::). Maybe i should have used "beer" as a lubricant, for myself and the tire.................

Robmicgrn

Also, even with all this fancy stuff, tools, gadgets, wing dings (I have a bunch) etc...... Changing a tire still "Sucks" :-[

ryani

Robert, you're going about it all wrong.

1st drag your knuckles across the sprocket. Get that out of the way

Then just find your Zen.  Oommmmmmm!
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

Fletch

removing the old one has always been the hard part for me. Until a friend explained I was doing it the hard way. Instead if trying to take the tire off one side of the rim pull the bead over the rim on both sides, the rim will now be "inside the tire" push it down and pull it out. all those years I wasted doing it the hard way....

Robmicgrn

Quote from: ryani on June 10, 2016, 04:37:50 PM

I do that multiple times  :) ......... Sometimes, I even spread the fun out over several days........... Leaving the bastard to go find my happy place, and then returning later  in an attempt to finish it. And screw all the you-tuber tricks........... it is just trickery............... Sponsored by bandaid..............

Fletch

Quote from: Robmicgrn on June 10, 2016, 04:47:10 PM
Quote from: ryani on June 10, 2016, 04:37:50 PM

I do that multiple times  :) ......... Sometimes, I even spread the fun out over several days........... Leaving the bastard to go find my happy place, and then returning later  in an attempt to finish it. And screw all the you-tuber tricks........... it is just trickery............... Sponsored by bandaid..............

tire changing does improve your vocabulary...