News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Tire Changer

Started by Lonesome Dave, June 09, 2016, 10:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Not for me, I just reuse the same old words over and over.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

sprout

That thing looks great! I love the bead breaker. I have one without and love it. If u really want an experience , try breaking the bead on an f800 on the side of the road. UGLY!!! ;D

Lonesome Dave

I managed my first tire change last night.  I swapped the rear tire around to make it run in the right direction.  Just like my riding skills, slow, dangerous at times, not pretty, but manage to get it done.  No sure if it held air over night.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

Tire changer report;
I met Bogus Jim this morning and I bought him breakfast.  Afterwards we headed to my house to put new tires on the Tiger.  Got a chance to use the machine on some tough tires.  I'm really happy with the whole thing and the bead breaker really works good.  Jim said he thought it went pretty easy considering we also mounted the 17 inch tire/wheel. 

Jim has told me before, at least twice to put the front tire back on in the right direction, or the ABS will not work.  He said it again today.  We put the front tire back on and I later discovered the ABS was not working.  :P Turned around and went back home and put it on the right way.  I think Jim was speaking from experience and probably was teaching me a life lesson.  It won't happen again.

Back to the tire changer.  There was some cussing, my shirt & hands got dirty, but no cuts.  Jim thinks I've got a pretty good handle on it all so I'll changing his tires one of these days.

Two thumbs up!  :)

Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

I put a tire on the back of the Tenere yesterday and had no issues at all................... Actually I watched Nathaniel put it on at the shop. It soooo easy that way.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Abercrombie

The rear Tenere tire gave me a work out on my NoMar tire changer.  The tire was cold, I was rusty, and I forgot to use my NoMar XtraHand clamp tools.  I reviewed the instructional video and gave it another try and it popped right on.