News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Food Thread

Started by Lonesome Dave, June 10, 2016, 07:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Elisa is bugging me on how many people (how much food to buy).  It looks right now to be about 40.  Using the sign up thread.
There's usually always more. 

Anybody bringing extra people be sure and throw a number in here.  I'm going to use 40 as my solid figure.  If your number is basically correct on the sign up thread your counted.  If your bringing more people, or think of someone who said they'll stop by, or if uncle joe and family are coming to town and stopping by post a number to increase your count.

It looks like we'll do the "cookie jar" donations again this year that worked pretty well.  We've already had a couple of donations.  NDave and Jerry; We'll get together next week at the rally to settle up for your supper night.

Anybody have a little firewood bring a few chunks along if you can.  Make sure they're split or ready to burn.  Fish n Fry doesn't want the mess.  They like to sell the firewood, but don't mind us bringing our own.  I just fill up their storage bin and leave what we don't use.  I'm bringing some, but appears to be a little damp yet.  I've got some more to saw up, but I still need to split it and I'm running out of time! 
Thanks,  LD

Older - Wiser - Faster !

plumber mike

I can bust into my emergency wood since it's so late in the season. I'll bring some by Thursday after work with the truck.

I'm only one but I eat like three. I can cut my granola bar up into 40 slices or just donate accordingly.

Look forward to seeing you guys.

Hank

Looks like 20 some officially signed up.. 40 should be safe..

sandhillrider

NDave,
Bonnie says she will bring bars and a salad for Saturday night.

greatbuffalo

Dave, Paul will be coming out with his son and I will be bringing my wife, Nathaniel, and my mom and dad. Don't remember what I put down in the signup thread. I don't think Paul has signed up.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

I'll try to whip up some bars before we head West.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: greatbuffalo on June 11, 2016, 12:45:41 AM
Dave, Paul will be coming out with his son and I will be bringing my wife, Nathaniel, and my mom and dad. Don't remember what I put down in the signup thread. I don't think Paul has signed up.

Mark & Bonnie -1, Paul (lurker) plus +1, Lonesome D + cook (can't seem to make it onto the "in list") +2...............got it. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on June 11, 2016, 07:50:18 AM
Quote from: greatbuffalo on June 11, 2016, 12:45:41 AM

Mark & Bonnie -1, Paul (lurker) plus +1, Lonesome D + cook (can't seem to make it onto the "in list") +2...............got it.
Oops :)

I fixed that.

greatbuffalo

Paul goes by Wizard on the forum

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: greatbuffalo on June 11, 2016, 08:57:45 AM
Paul goes by Wizard on the forum

I know, I called him a lurker cause he still won't commit to a WRR!!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Hahaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

mitchn06

I have not checked my garden in a few days.....I will bring stuff for lettuce salads on Friday evening. I have lettuce up the butt. TMI I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

ryani

That's a weird place to store lettuce
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

Hank

Note to self:  don't eat Mitch's lettuce.

Dave is there anything I can bring, food, supplies or otherwise?

Sent from my TRS-80

Lonesome Dave

I don't think so.  EL and others have Friday handled.  Gerry and Dave are getting Sat's nights menu.  And there's plenty of extra stuff for both nights.  Thanks

NDave, give me a call tomorrow morning please.
Older - Wiser - Faster !