News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Husqavarna (sp?)

Started by Dr Psyko, June 01, 2015, 04:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Psyko

I found a 2009 TE 250 on CL this week.  As I look at the reviews and other info on the Internet I have to say I'm intrigued.  This one has very low miles, and is reasonable in cost.  Its fuel injected and supposedly makes mid-30s horsepower (probably not at the rear wheel).  What's the deal with Husky lately?  Are they still around or have they disappeared into the great sky of dead motorcycle companies?  Are parts available?

Thanks
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Bogus Jim

KTM bought Husaberg and Husqvarna a few years ago. 2014 was the last year for Husabergs but as far as I know Husqvarna is still a going concern with plans for new models.

That's all I know...

torgo

All the new Huskies are KTM's.  Your 2009 is a Swedish  version and has the RED HEAD engine.  They had another  version called the X-Lite motor.  They had more power but carried alot less oil.  I have a 09 TE310 and it is a great bike for single track or racing.  As a DS bike it is limited because of its CLOSE ration gear box.  For DS work I have to gear mine to 14/46.  Racing I am at 13/51.

Time heals all wounds. But it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

greatbuffalo

One of my magazines had an article on the Huskies a few months back. It stated that that they are showing double digit positive growth and expected to do so over the next five years or so.  They said there is a separate market butt stopped short of stated what it was.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?