News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Yamaha Tenere deals

Started by sandhillrider, August 01, 2016, 04:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhillrider

There are a lot of Tenere's for sale right now. Have found some what I think are some really good buys.
Anything I should watch out for or any input from anyone.
Are all years the same?

Fletch

calling GB, GB to the white courtesy phone......

Several friends have them and I have not heard of any issues, You will want a skid plate as the oil pan (yes, it actually has one) is easily damaged. Other than that no issue I know of. I'm sure Dan will be along with more info.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

sandhillrider

I've ridden Dan's. I'm sure he will be along to enlighten me.
Skid plate and crash bars seem to be a standard add on.

greatbuffalo

Mark, I heard the call.

There arebno no issues to speak of. It seems like every bike out there has "those" issues, but the Tenere has escaped most of that. As   Fletch mentioned, the oil pan is the biggest concern. I am a huge fan of the Rumbux bars due to the fact that they do not mount on the frame. I see that as an issue with the other systems. 
If I were in the market I'd  look for a 14+ machine. Cruize is really nice and some other positive changes were made. That being said, the pre 14 machines are very solid.
Lastly I would ask about final drive maintenance, but more than likely anynthat you would be looking at wouldnt have enough miles for concern.
Call me if you wanna talk.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Cattle prices must be going up!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Wizard

Gonna be all Triumphs and Teneres soon....

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

sandhillrider

I have been watching for a while and prices seem to be headed down.
Cattle aren't up so am going to have to thin the bike herd if this happens.
Thanks for the help Dan if I get serious I'm going to run up to visit, right now just looking.
At least now I know where to start looking.

sandhillrider

Am I wrong or is the Super Tenere dropped from the 2017 line up?
Yamaha site doesn't show it.
Is the 700 or 800 Tenere really coming? Not really finding much new speculation about it.
Wizard I'm not giving the WR for this.

Bogus Jim

I think the Tenere 700 is coming, but probably to Europe first. Perhaps it will be announced at the Milan show in November.

If they can keep the weight in the low-mid 400's it will be an interesting bike. If it's 480+ then it'll just be in the same category as BMW / Tiger 800, but given the choice between German, British, and Japanese engineering, some will always choose Japanese.

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

KLC63

Try to get one with cruise. for the longer highway trips.
THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

Fletch

If anyone is interested a friend is looking to sell his (buying a GS?). 2014 electronic cruise heated grips OEM boxes 8,100 miles. PM if interested and I'll get you his #.

sandhillrider

Lonesome Dave

Fletch, is that the black one on CL?
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

I don't think so Dave, his is blue?