News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

AUG 25 THRU THE 27+

Started by greatbuffalo, August 01, 2016, 11:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on August 11, 2016, 10:53:06 PMPoor Dan, he's so much fun to pick on.  ;)

Careful Dave or I will start picking on you again.

Besides... I think Dan's brain might function like a dolphin. They can stay awake for 15 days straight because only 1/2 of their brain sleeps at a time.

sandhillrider

Thanks for the offer Dave, was kinda thinking of being your guest but will wait to see
What our fearless leader has planned. Paul I will figure that as the departure time.
I can come up early and pester Dan.

Wizard

Just be careful of his bottlenose....

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

poleburner

To heck with his bottle nose, it is his blowhole you have to worry about!  :evil

greatbuffalo

I like that dolphin analogy. That would be awesome.

The 26th at 1530 it is. Head out and camp at Sage Creek Friday night then head for the Hills in the AM. We, Paul, Minipaul, Nathaniel, and I will crash at Joel's place. Mark, you are more than welcome to crash there or if you are more comfy in a bed rather than the floor or couch, you can bug some other fine DDSRer for a crash pad. There are plenty of fine folks willing to offer up a bed or couch.

I've got no plans except to ride and eat and have a great time. I am thinking I may hang out another day or two after the weekend. I know Paul needs to head back on Sunday. So Mark, if you wanna take a couple more days, I'd be up for it.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Wizard

If you wanna do some extra days I am down with that!  I do have that week off so I can always come back and ride some more.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

greatbuffalo

Nathaniel will need to return, maybe he can bring miniwiz back.

greatbuffalo

I have till the 31st.

Mark, you can can come up when ever you want. I'm done working the morning of the 25th.

sandhillrider

I'm for extra days. Can make about anything work, I can stay till the 31st also. Will see if we make it that long.
For now I will plan to stay at Joel's so we are together to ride.
I will plan to get to Mitchell a couple hours early.

greatbuffalo

Mark well plan on grabbing some lunch while we wait or Paul and Nathaniel.

Lonesome Dave

I think there are others who will join in the fun once you're in the hills.  I've been planning on hanging out with ya.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

As usual, the more, the merrier!

greatbuffalo

Ok. We are heading out to the hills this weekend. We will hole up for the night, Friday at Sage Creek in the Badlands. Saturday we will head into the Hills, Probably will head for Lead to dump our stuff off at Joel's place then get ready for a ride. I figured we can meet for lunch somewhere and take off for an afternoon ride. I was thinking, and with the request of a couple others, that we do a fairly easy 2 track ride. I will have a passenger so can't make it too tough, that means no bad rocks and no mud. Hoping to get Jaden, Paul's son, riding by next years so I will not have to perform this duty again. (unless there's some hottie that wants a ride)

So, it anyone has any ideas of a good fairly easy 2 track/gravel route for Saturday afternoon, that would be greatly appreciated.

For Sunday I thought we would get a fairly early start, or about our usual start time. Thought we would do a mixed ride asphalt, gravel, maybe take Castle Peak road, make our way to Hill City, Keystone, Iron Mountain road, etc, etc and get some lunch in Custer and then make our way back to lead. As all of you know that have ridden nothing is written in stone and things can change on a dime. Open as always to other ideas.

Monday and Tuesday will be freestyling. No plan what so ever, so what happens, happens. I think I will head home on Wednesday as I need to be back to work Thursday evening.

Fletch

did Silver city S. to miners hotel, slate creek, mystic/rochford last weekend, very nice for two up. Of course Dave will have a plethora of option I'm sure. Hope to catch up with you guys somewhere along the line.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

grubbie

I'd like to come. Can't be there till Saturday lunch time at the earliest but could stay for an extra day or two. I need to try to find a camp spot somewhere close to Lead?