News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Comm systems for "on road" riding....

Started by JoniJo, August 14, 2016, 01:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoniJo

Need some advice my friends....
My Hubby and I are are looking for a Communication System. We never ride on the same bike... yuk, but we have the need to talk to each other. Like... "Did you see that cow over there???" Ya know, stuff like that.
Neither of our helmets are bluetooth ready. We need to be able to reach each other a maximum of 200 yards (182.88 meters...). We both have modular helmets.
Need some of your expertise....
We were looking at... http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/111530664075?dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F111530664075
Is there something else you'd recommend?
Please let me know.... Thanks, Joni   8)
JoniJo

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -

Thomas Jefferson

Hank

I think the unit most commonly used around here is the Sena..  but I think people like their Scalas too.  Ive been using the Sena SMH10 for at least 4 years and I think they are great.  I've used them off road, onroad and even for snowmobiling. 

Sent from my TRS-80

Bogus Jim

You can get a pair of Sena 10's on Amazon for $284.

For highway use, wind noise picked up by the microphone can be an issue. I didn't have any trouble hearing Dan at 65 mph on our July trip, but when I ride with my brother, the wind noise makes it impossible to hear him at anything above 50 mph. I think it just depends on the windshield / helmet combo. Some windshields have turbulence and the Sena will pick that up.

greatbuffalo

I agree with the above. I think the best bang for buck in the Sena SMH10x, what ever the latest version out there is. I own 4 units and we swap them around. I have an earbud compatible mount for all of them. I like earbuds better than in helmet speakers.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

KLC63

I use the 9x, They work great. the most options and range of all.
THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.