Hello from North Dakota and a question.

Started by T.Bane, October 11, 2016, 01:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.Bane

I'm Trent and am currently living in Bismarck, ND.  Over the last 3 years, I started riding dirt bikes (again) and really enjoy riding with my son(s).  I just registered after stumbling on this great forum courtesy of ThumperTalk.

This year I traded off a 450XC-W KTM and ended up with a Husky 300TE, which I'm really enjoying. 

My 14 year old son (Husky 250 FC) and I are planning to ride in the Black Hills this weekend, but don't know the area.  I would classify his single-track skills as "Beginner", and mine as "Intermediate-Advanced"--meaning that I'm usually game for anything as long I'm not on a clock.  Slow and sure--like to stop and enjoy the scenery, etc.  Have ridden a bit of steepish, technical single-track in the Beartooths and the Little Belts and really enjoyed it. 

Looking for maybe a 10-mile loop that we could enjoy at a leisurely pace.  I have the maps, but am unsure on various difficulty.  Can anybody help me out?

Would very much appreciate a few tips.

Thanks in advance.

Trent

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Bogus Jim

Welcome Trent. If you are intermediate / advanced I think you'll have fun on any of the BHNF single tracks. But 8575, 6330, and 6660 are some easier single track trails for your son, if you want to start easy.

tannerc and Fletch know the trails pretty well if you want to ride with them this weekend. I think I might be out of town this weekend or I'd be out too.

T.Bane

Thanks so much for the reply TannerC and Bogus.  Really appreciate the help.  I probably can't commit to riding with TannerC, but I thank you for the offer nevertheless.  Will keep you fellows posted.

Thanks again!

Trent

Abercrombie

Welcome to the Forum T.Bane.   I'm from SE North Dakota and joined this forum to learn more about dual sport riding and link up for some rides.  SE ND does not have much of a dual sport riding community so I need places and people like this to learn.

I'm a MSF rider coach in West Fargo and since we don't offer the MSF dirt bike school in ND I am looking for knowledge anywhere I can get it.

T.Bane

Abercrombie,

Apologies, but I was not even aware that a MSF dirt bike course even existed, let alone in ND.  Sorry, I can't help. 

T.Bane

Lonesome Dave

Trent, I looking to be riding this weekend also.  I sent you a pm with my phone number.

Clay, give me a call sometime today.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

T.Bane

Dave,

Got the PM and sent one back. 

Thanks,
Trent