News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

tire choice ahead of 2017 rally?

Started by locopny, October 20, 2016, 06:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locopny

Quote from: Hank on April 12, 2017, 07:07:11 AM
I always liked the K270 pretty well for a DRZ or KLR when I did significant highway, but now i have a brand new one sitting there and no suitable bike to put it on.   

So I'll probably sell it at the rally, or if anyone wants it now let me know.

what a concept....last time I had a significant pile of parts, I bought a vehicle they fit. I said I was cleaning the basement. No stipulation was ever made about the garage.

BTW Hank--what size is it?
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Wacked

Hank - I need some new skin on the DRZ.  PM me $$$.  I'll look up what size I have on it now.  Pretty sure it's the K270 already on it but burned it up doing Colorado last summer

Wacked

grubbie

Put K270s front and rear on the WRR, fell in love with them in snow and mud. Had a front flat on the highway that sent me into oncoming (empty) lane last year, broke the bead immediately and lost most control. However I'm not sure any other tire would have made a difference. Just spooned on new 270s on the DR650, and the wifes CRF230. Just a good all around tire for me. Will have to see how long they last on the heavy DR. I liked the Michelin T63 on the rear of the WRR, but the front was horrible on anything other than pavement. The T63 did not wear well for me though, wore out quick.
Would be interested in what size you have Hank, if Wacked doesn't scoop it up.
Take care all, and Happy Easter.

Hank

Its a 100/90-18, which is $64 on Amazon.     How about $50 if I bring it to the rally?    Or give me an offer :)

Lonesome Dave

If someone needs that tire before the rally, Hank can bring it to Moab and I can bring it back to RC.  Just saying.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

That is not KLR size. KLR has a 17 on the rear
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

grubbie

Dang, not a size I can use. I would on Heidi's bike but just put new ones on and it took her 5 years to wear out the last set.

Wacked

Hank, I'll have to pass.  Really want the 4.50-18.  Not sure how the 100/90 correlates.

Wacked

locopny

I cant use it as its not a 17".....
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Hank

For reference here is the 100/90-18 next to a 4.00 x 18 trials tire.   Real close to the same width.