News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

June '17 planning

Started by Hank, October 28, 2016, 03:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Looks like the logical dates would be 15th-18th or the 22-25th.

Any thoughts?

sandhillrider

The 15th to 18th would be where the rally usually is.

NDave

Abercrombie

The wife and I will be celebrating our 30 wedding anniversary June 20th.  Which ever weekend is chosen I will have to watch myself to make it so I can attend.

greatbuffalo

15th thru the 18th work best for me.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

locopny

not sure it matters for me. either
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Wizard

15 to 18th is alright with me

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

poleburner

I think I can make either weekend work, I might be able to make it!   ;D

Abercrombie

Looks like most folks like the 15th - 18th and its time to pick vacation so here goes nothing.  If it falls on this weekend I hope to meet you all and ride the Black Hills. :)

greatbuffalo

I think it looks pretty safe. We'll give it the weekend and make it official.

Abercrombie

Quote from: greatbuffalo on November 25, 2016, 09:34:06 PM
I think it looks pretty safe. We'll give it the weekend and make it official.

Well I played it safe.  I took two tours of vacation and I'm off from the 10th of June through July 1st.  What ever weekend I am not playing in the dirt I will spend with my wife for our 30th Anniversary.    ;D

greatbuffalo

That sound like a plan. I'm sure it will be the 15th thru the 18th. I just I we could give it the weekend to see it there us any good reason not to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Abercrombie

Ok, so we are 2 1/2 weeks out and its quite as a morgue about this June Rally here   What does a first timer dirt noob need to know? What do I need to bring?  I haven't camped in years so I won't know what I'm doing there either.  I have a 5.8 Acerbis tank I was going to install on the XR650L before a DakAL ride in September.  Would a larger tank be beneficial for the June rally also or will the June Rally consist of shorter rides located near gas?   

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: Abercrombie on May 29, 2017, 01:29:51 PMI have a 5.8 Acerbis tank I was going to install on the XR650L before a DakAL ride in September.  Would a larger tank be beneficial for the June rally also or will the June Rally consist of shorter rides located near gas?   

I'll answer the easy question.  In the past a long day would be 100 miles, maybe a 120.  Most of the time, its much less, 50 to 70.  It really does depend on what group your riding with.  I've used a 2 gallon tank for several years without much of a problem.  A 3 gallon tank would be ideal  Basically most of the bikes will have 2 gallon tanks.  Gas can be carried along, but gas stops are usually planned.  However, no man is left behind!  And, all the KLRs (super tankers) carry siphon tubes for the rest of us. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Abercrombie

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on May 29, 2017, 10:19:44 PM
I'll answer the easy question.  In the past a long day would be 100 miles, maybe a 120.  Most of the time, its much less, 50 to 70.  It really does depend on what group your riding with.  I've used a 2 gallon tank for several years without much of a problem.  A 3 gallon tank would be ideal  Basically most of the bikes will have 2 gallon tanks.  Gas can be carried along, but gas stops are usually planned.  However, no man is left behind!  And, all the KLRs (super tankers) carry siphon tubes for the rest of us.

Well I have never gotten anything close to 100 miles from a tank of gas so I might as well get the new Acerbis mounted up and stop procrastinating.   That dang Big Red Pig already weighs too much so whats another three gallons of gas going to hurt?