News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

June 2017 sign up

Started by Hank, November 28, 2016, 08:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

The 2017 Dakota Dual Sport Riders June rally will once again be held in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota!  Camping will be at the Fish 'n Fry campground just south of Deadwood, SD: http://www.fishnfry.com/

Location is here:

Map coming soon

We will be staying on the Hillside Loop once again.

Dates are June 15, 16, 17, & 18, 2017.  You can arrive anytime after noon on Thursday, June 15, departing on Sunday, June 18. Weather should be dry and warm - avg high 78, avg low 52.  BUT, this is South Dakota...if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute.  ;-)  Cell service has been OK in the campground the last couple years, and its only 2 miles to the top of Strawberry Mountain if you do have trouble.

Entry Fee: FREE!
Camping: Tents - $?? per person/night, RVs/Campers - $?? per night.  You will pay the campground when you arrive, no pre-payment required. I will reserve all tent sites from entries on this sign-up thread. FnF have cabins available as well, but you will need to reserve those yourself by calling Gary or Michelle. Also please call and reserve RV sites on your own.  Make sure you tell them you are with DDSR to get the special discount!

Fish 'n Fry phone number:   (605) 578-2150

We will have enough room for plenty of tents.  RV sites near the tent sites are at a premium and need to be reserved as far in advance as possible, although there will be plenty of RV spots available away from "ground zero".

The rally is open to any and all skill levels of riders with any motorcycle that is street legal in SD (doesn't take much: headlight, taillight & license plate is about it).  All attempts will be made to keep the amount of pavement on our rides to a minimum, but it is a necessary evil in the Black Hills to get from one trail to another sometimes.

Rides can range from gravel/easy fire roads to rocks to single track to really gnarly rocks & single track, hillclimbs, etc.  There will be something for everybody!

The Fish 'n Fry campground (FnF) has full showers (coin operated, bring a couple of quarters if you don't want to smell like a dirty biker!), real bathrooms (with sinks & mirrors!), a general store (with beer), a small restaurant (with beer on tap!) and a grill and shelter we can use if it rains. 24hr gas station/convenience store right across the street, and Deadwood is only 10 minutes away. There are picnic tables, but if you want a guaranteed seat by the fire you better bring your own.

Electricity is available to charge cell phones, iPods, etc., however it is outside, so use at your own risk!

Firewood from outside the campground is not permitted (sometimes an exception is made for us DDSR folks, though).
The FnF has bundles of wood for $??

Limited food will be provided, but plan on fending for yourself during the day.
- Organized food TBA

Cars, trucks & bike trailers will have room to park, but could be a ways away from your campsite.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DISCLAIMER:
Anyone attending this event, does so at their own risk. Hank, Great Buffalo, Lonesome Dave, any other DDSR member, the FnF campground or ANYONE BESIDES YOU will not be held responsible for injury to yourself, your bike or gear! Now, let's get out and RIDE THE HILLS!!  P.S. No helicopters allowed!  :-)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FISHING: Fishing is allowed along the creek running into and out of their little stock pond at FnF, and a fishing license is not required.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PERMITS: Don't forget, permits are now required to ride off-road (on trails designated 'TR' on the new MVU Map) in the Black Hills National Forest. Click the link about halfway down this page on the right-hand side (Application: Annual Motorized Trail Permit):

Permits Here!

Copy and paste the below form in your reply to sign up:

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:
DATE ARRIVING:
DATE LEAVING:
TENT OR RV:
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Hank

The IN list:

Kevin / Abercrombie, Tent, 15-18th
Daryl / Otherbrother, Tent, 15-18th
Clay / TannerC + 1?, 22' trailer and tent, 16-19th
Paulchuyu + a few, Cabins, maybe a tent, 15-18th
Tom / Locopny +?, tent, 15-18th
Daryl / N. Dirt Rider, room, 15-18th
Slider, tent, 15-18th
Mark / Sandhill rider and Bonnie, RV, 15-20th
XR4 + 2, tent, 16-18th
Paul / Wizard, tent, 15-19th
Rob/ Grubbie and Heidi, RV,  15-18th or 19th
NDave and Dale, RV, 15-18th
Dave and Elisa, RV, 15-18th
Hank and Cara (and kids), tent, 15-18/19
Stacy and Pete, tent, 15-18
Lance and Sheri, tent, 16-18
Mitch, tent, 15-18
Nate, tent, 15-18
Jim, tent, 16-18
Tom, tent, 15-18

Abercrombie

I would be happy to be included in the in list!  Vacation is secured, I have everything I need to get the XR650L ready, and I am excited as hell to meet some of the folks from this forum.

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:    Kevin / Abercrombie
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:     Just 1 that I know of so far.
DATE ARRIVING:                   15th
DATE LEAVING:                     18th
TENT OR RV:                          Tent
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:               1

Other Brother

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:  Darryl / Other Brother
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:  1 for now
DATE ARRIVING:  15th
DATE LEAVING:  18th
TENT OR RV:  Tent
SIZE OF RV: 
NUMBER OF TENTS:  1
2002 DR650
"Is gravity increasing as I get older?"

Abercrombie

Quote from: Other Brother on January 06, 2017, 11:06:46 AM
NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:  Darryl / Other Brother
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:  1 for now
DATE ARRIVING:  15th
DATE LEAVING:  18th
TENT OR RV:  Tent
SIZE OF RV: 
NUMBER OF TENTS:  1

Thank you Other Brother!  I signed up the day Hank posted the ride and no one else has signed up since.  I'm not sure what I said but I was afraid that I killed off the rally. ;D

This reminds me that I haven't booked a camp site yet.  I better get after that tomorrow.

Hank

Quote from: Abercrombie on January 06, 2017, 09:57:39 PM

Thank you Other Brother!  I signed up the day Hank posted the ride and no one else has signed up since.  I'm not sure what I said but I was afraid that I killed off the rally. ;D

This reminds me that I haven't booked a camp site yet.  I better get after that tomorrow.

Haha, no, its just early yet. 

Abercrombie

Quote from: Hank on January 07, 2017, 08:07:52 AM
Quote from: Abercrombie on January 06, 2017, 09:57:39 PM

Haha, no, its just early yet.

Early?  I've already booked a room in Spearfish for a June of 2018 combination FJR rally  / DakAL ride.  Now that's early planning, but I get a little excited when I get to ride bike outside of North Dakota.

Abercrombie

Good god, someone scheduled our family reunion for the 17th of June, and my mother thinks she wants to come home for my retirement in September when I was planning to ride the DakAL with Sleddogs group.  I have spent too much time and money this winter on off road gear and getting my XR650L set up to miss these two rides.   >:(

tannerc

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:  TannerC
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:  1+*
DATE ARRIVING:  16th*
DATE LEAVING:  19th
TENT OR RV:  Trailer*
SIZE OF RV:Tent / trailer 22FT *
NUMBER OF TENTS:  1*

*This Is all Subject to Change
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

paulchuyu

Im in! -- called and made resv today!

paulchuyu

I didnt see this part till after I posted earlier!

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Paulchuyu
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: not sure -- 1 to possibly 5?
DATE ARRIVING:thurs
DATE LEAVING:sun
TENT OR RV: going to get one of the little cabins
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS: might have a kid or two tenting if they come?

locopny

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Tom/Locopny
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1 (or more?)
DATE ARRIVING: 15th
DATE LEAVING: 18th
TENT OR RV: Tent most likely
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS: 1

Probably just me this time.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

tannerc

Looks like I got into spot # 7  8)
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

NDirt Rider

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:  N Dirt Rider. Daryl from Bismarck
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:  1 maybe 2
DATE ARRIVING:  Thursday 6/15
DATE LEAVING:  Sunday 6/18
TENT OR RV:  Sleeping Room at F and F
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Slider

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Slider
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:1
DATE ARRIVING:15