News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Bar raisers

Started by IYAAYAS, December 27, 2016, 10:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IYAAYAS

Anyone using bar raisers? If so, what brand and what do you think of them? Like most dualsport topics I have ran across on the Internet, I have mainly been finding " opinion " based articles. While many people say that the handling will be effected and traction in the front end will be lost, others say unless you are a professional ridder the effect will barely be noticeable. I am far from being a professional ridder, and at 6'3", I'm just looking for something a little more comfort while I'm in the standing position. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Fletch

My stabilizer mount raises them an inch or so, no affect on handling near as I can tell?  Makes standing easier. 
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

sleddog

I've got Rox risers on the wee Strom & WR. If the stock bars are't where you want them, put risers on.

https://roxspeedfx.com/pages/adv-dual-sport

KLC63

At 6'3' you have to have them, and move the handle bars to the front holes. I run 2" spacer style blocks on my dirt bikes and love them. I like to stand a lot in the technical stuff.
THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

IYAAYAS

I'm ridding a wr450f and was planning on going with the Rox 2 inch pivoting bar spacers. Does anyone know if I'll need longer clutch/ break, ect cables with the 2 inch spacing?

Hank

I had risers on my Wr450f with stock cables.  I'm pretty sure they were 2" ??

IYAAYAS

Sounds good. Thanks for all info. I think I'm definitely going to go with the Rox spacers.