News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Moab April 29 - May 5

Started by Hank, January 12, 2017, 07:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan Marshall

I'm bringing my 530, I have a 3.4 gallon tank so I probably just need a little extra gas to make it work.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Abercrombie

I have a couple of good road and dirt trips planned for this summer but it sure would be nice to be able join you guys on this ride.  I am so envious!

greatbuffalo

Who all is leaving when?

Does anyone need a ride? I have plenty of room for people and maybe one bike. 2 if they are small.

I was giving a thought about leaving on the 28th. And make it most of the way out and crash somewhere. Even if I just sleep in the van.

Would kinda like to travel somewhere near someone if it works just in case the the old van has issue. Not trying to jinx myself, just know how things can go.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

We have been planning to leave Sat AM but I might loat the idea of driving part way Friday night.

Sent from my Commodore Pet

JustJeff

Lot's of talk about gas here.  Do I need to bring a couple MSR bottles on our rides you think?

Lonesome Dave

Great, I hadn't heard you were coming along.  I think there's only one day (that's planned anyway) that you will maybe need gas.  Your WR should do about 120 miles on a stock tank.  I can't remember if yours is stock or not.  If you have a larger tank than stock, only bring them along for guys that will surely need them.  I have a pack of two MSR containers I will need to carry.  If I have time I might try to mount a RotopaX for that days riding.   
Older - Wiser - Faster !

JustJeff

Not only am I coming along Dave, I'm bringing BBQ! 

Jordan Marshall

I think I may be driving down on my own from Rapid City.  I have to be back on Friday evening for a ton of stuff at work that I have to do.  I will be down late on Saturday the 29th and heading back late Thursday night or early Friday morning.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

chickenhauler31

I'm in Guys, See you there!!
chicken
2013 KTM 690R

Hank

A heads up for those bringing trailers.   There used to be a spot for trailers along the driveway, but apparently something is being built there now so thats gone.   So now the trailers have to either fit in the garages or under the carports or have to go to a neighboring property and there will be a fee (not sure how much).

That all sorta sucks.   I know Duffer's place just has a carport, maybe we can fit 2 trailers under that and all the bikes can go in the bigger condo's garage.

Robmicgrn

If needed, post in advrider. I am sure there are some local inmates that could store trailers for a week. I also thought there a gravel area above the complex on the top road that may help.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Bogus Jim

Hank just in case you need to make some trail-side repairs, don't forget to bring some diamond paper.

Have fun guys.

Hank

I was going to ask Robert to bring the diamond paper.  I'll bring the motorcycle grade assembly tape.

Robmicgrn

Quote from: Hank on April 24, 2017, 06:27:47 AM
I was going to ask Robert to bring the diamond paper.  I'll bring the motorcycle grade assembly tape.

Badass!
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Lonesome Dave

Moab;  Sunday & Monday......Sunny 65 & 72 whew who!!!!!!!!!
Older - Wiser - Faster !