News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Moab April 29 - May 5

Started by Hank, January 12, 2017, 07:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

I'm in also!

Cadet, Cadet's bro, Ryan......come on now.....I can't go without you.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

Sweet!  The condo is officially (over) full, so lets get a few more and a second place!  9 total are IN.. so even 1 more and we could have 6 in condo 1 and 4 in condo 2...

Sent from my Commodore Pet

Hank

Duffer says he's 90% IN.. so that would make 10 total

In that case someone will need to take the reins for a 2nd spot, and I'd recommend fairly soon.     Keep in mind they can be cancelled up till 30 days in advance in case things go pear shaped.

I'm just assuming that the cost for 6 in condo 1 will be acceptable.. See post #6 that wold be $446 each for lodging.   Please post / PM / text / call me if its not as I don't want to just blindly speak for everyone and find out I said stuff I shouldn't have :)

KLC63

What is the return home date? I didn't see it listed.
THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

Hank

Arrive 4.29 (Sat) and check out 5.5 (Fri).

I was texting with Duffer last night and he was looking at a 2nd place.. hopefully he will chime in here.

KLC63

dufferv65

Here is what I'm fine that is left(check in 4/29; check out 5/5) at the Spring Ranch where Hank already has the one condo already booked.
Option 1: $1901
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 5-6

Master Bedroom: 1 queen
    Sleeps 2
    Pull out sofa in living room: 2 sleep sofa /futon
    Most suited to kids: pull-out sleeper sofa in LIVING ROOM
    Bedroom 2: 1 queen, 1 twin/ single
    Sleeps 2 in queen bed and 1 in single bed

Option 2: $2391
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
- unsure on Bed arrangements...

I would be fine with booking the first option if there would be a couple more people to split the cost($1901/4 adults =$475.25 each). 
I really want to go to Moab again and have no good excuse not to, provide the lodging arrangement are ironed out.
Yes there are other places to stay but could be up to 20min commute across town.  I feel it would be best to be virtually next door to one another for the best beer drinking conditions and also to help one another with bike repairs.

What's everyone thoughts?  If there is not enough takers to justify a second condo, I will not be able to justify paying the entire condo expense and will have to sit out :,(

As Hank previously noted a second condo would need to be booked very shortly.

Lastly, I would make 10 on the in list.  If 6($445/each) stayed with Hank and 4 stayed($475) this possible additional condo- Would this be ok with everyone?  This would also give enough room for more if needed.

KLC63

I'm good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hank

Well my opinion is "go for it".. we still have roughly 7 weeks to cancel 1 of them if things change... plus this leaves us with some room for additional people.  I have a friend from SLC who is thinking about joining us too.

I think $450 for lodging is still cheap.   Trying to save $1-200 for a whole week by stacking ourselves in like sardines isn't money well spent in my opinion.

And I also agree it'd be nice for us all to be next door to each other.   

locopny

wow $475...that's only like just shy of $80/night. 
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Hank

Quote from: locopny on February 08, 2017, 02:24:31 PM
wow $475...that's only like just shy of $80/night.

And it includes a big garage, pool, whirlpool, deck, gas grill, fully equipped kitchen.. and a real nice pad to stay in.   Compared to a hotel which might cost $40 bucks per head per night, its a steal when you consider you can make your own food and save a lot of money there (and have better food).

Only thing that would be cheaper is tenting, and I'm not living in a tent for 6 nights :)   Or possibly the Motel 6 and a steady diet of McDonalds, which sounds worse than a tent.

Edit:  Just for shits and giggles I checked, and the Motel 6 is $155/night for those dates!

Link to the condo - take the virtual tour or check out the pics.   Its a nice place:
https://www.vacasa.com/unit.php?UnitID=6801

KLC63

I and LD are in for sure. Condo seems like a great deal to me.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

locopny

Quote from: Hank on February 08, 2017, 03:09:31 PM

Only thing that would be cheaper is tenting, and I'm not living in a tent for 6 nights :)   Or possibly the Motel 6 and a steady diet of McDonalds, which sounds worse than a tent.

Yeah I know.  It sounds like a great deal.  I better get my butt in gear and get the truck and bike finished.
Tenting is fine for a couple nights.  I'm not as youthful as I once was and willing to put up with it for too long
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

greatbuffalo

How are we going to arrange rides. Who is taking what for vehicles. I know it might be a bit early to talk about that. Just would like to know. I have a bit of work to do on the van if that that is going to need to be taken.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Im figuring Lance Jay and Duffer will ride with me from Watertown..  so I'm full.

Sent from my Commodore Pet