News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Starting to Look....

Started by Wizard, January 27, 2017, 11:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wizard

OK, I said I was gonna start looking in the spring......It is almost Feb, so close enough I guess.  I know that there are a couple of you that scour Craigslist and also have ears to the ground about bike.  I am gonna start looking for something in the 250CC range and looking to spend in the 2K range.  OK GO!....Ideas?  ;D   Also forgot, Road Legal too :)

Bogus Jim

I think you could find an XT 250 in that price range. Sometimes the problem is finding a bike that isn't 1,000 miles away.

This one's priced a little high but low miles.

https://wichita.craigslist.org/mcy/5975272350.html

I'd also consider DRZ 400, you can occasionally find them in the 2k range.

Lonesome Dave

And let the search begin..........

Don't forget I have a slightly used, never been down, 2012 Beta 400rr.  I would make you a deal I'd probably regret.

Older - Wiser - Faster !

sandhillrider

Still have the TW  that I'm going to sell. If you ride it
For a couple of rally's they will never take your man card away. ;)
I also have a xr250 Honda of my cousins that just got here I need to get running and sell for him.
Think it's about a 2002 not street legal in Nebraska but legal in South Dakota. Has lights.
There have been a couple of xt 250's for sale around here will see what I can find.

Wizard

I think the Italian Princess might be a little out of my price range....hahaha Unless you will accept first born gingers in trade?

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on January 27, 2017, 01:14:52 PM
And let the search begin..........

Don't forget I have a slightly used, never been down, 2012 Beta 400rr.  I would make you a deal I'd probably regret.

Wizard

You might have to call me Quasimodo if I rode that thing that much.....always a possibility ;)

Quote from: sandhillrider on January 27, 2017, 01:23:11 PM
Still have the TW  that I'm going to sell. If you ride it
For a couple of rally's they will never take your man card away. ;)
I also have a xr250 Honda of my cousins that just got here I need to get running and sell for him.
Think it's about a 2002 not street legal in Nebraska but legal in South Dakota. Has lights.
There have been a couple of xt 250's for sale around here will see what I can find.

Wizard

That is not a bad little deal.  And I have been looking at xt's!

Quote from: Bogus Jim on January 27, 2017, 01:02:45 PM
I think you could find an XT 250 in that price range. Sometimes the problem is finding a bike that isn't 1,000 miles away.

This one's priced a little high but low miles.

https://wichita.craigslist.org/mcy/5975272350.html

I'd also consider DRZ 400, you can occasionally find them in the 2k range.

Lonesome Dave

Rosco's has a very nice TW also, Mrs. Harry Potter's old bike.  Sweet bike, but over 3k with the goodies, but 500 miles!

I've seen a couple of XTs and DRZs also.  I'll start looking.  We'll have your money spent in no time!!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

tannerc

https://rapidcity.craigslist.org/mcy/5961118451.html

drz. try talking him down a little. Well worth a couple hundred more when considering a 250. DRZ400's are rock solid machines
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

locopny

searchtempest.com and you can do an auto search for a specified distance for specific models...
just a thought.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Wizard

That is a hell of a deal!  I am gonna chat with him about possibilities.  So many options :)  choices choices choices.  I am not in a big hurry tho :)

Hank

If you do get serious about a DRZ... I'd really try to find an E model and then plate it, which is easy to do in SD.
They are much lighter (like 30+ lbs) and have around 8 more HP.   I've had an E and and S and the E is a way better bike offroad.

Wizard

I am trying to decide on the merits of E-Start vs kick only right now.  I am to the point of whether I think i will stall in traffic and have to kick my way out of it.  I think I am getting things narrowed down a bit.  I guess I will have to ride one to find out! Any opinions either way?