News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Starting to Look....

Started by Wizard, January 27, 2017, 11:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Yeah I'd say dont get anything kick only..  BTW the only kick version of the DRZ was the K model which you dont see much of.   I've seen a few Es with the kicker added.   I like it best when they have both.

Sent from my Commodore Pet

Robmicgrn

I am in Kansas, 130 miles west of kansas city if you see anything down this way. Here for another week or 8 months  :o. Plenty of room on my trailer to haul back to Rapid.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Lonesome Dave

Let me clarify for you Wizard.
After you fall in a precarious spot and it's all you can to to pick up the damn thing.  You can't breath, but now you need to start it.  Ain't happening!
Or, you just stalled it going up a steep hill, you didn't go down, but its all you can do to keep the thing on the hill without you or both of you falling down the hill.  Now you need to kick it and start it.  OR, just push a button!  You decide.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

grubbie

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on January 31, 2017, 10:58:51 PM
After you fall in a precarious spot and it's all you can to to pick up the damn thing.  You can't breath, but now you need to start it.  Ain't happening!
Or, you just stalled it going up a steep hill, you didn't go down, but its all you can do to keep the thing on the hill without you or both of you falling down the hill.  Now you need to kick it and start it.  OR, just push a button!  You decide.
Listen to the master....no one has more experience in falling over and stalling out than LD!

Wizard

Quote from: grubbie on February 02, 2017, 07:20:57 PM
Listen to the master....no one has more experience in falling over and stalling out than LD!
Like when I am following him....I must make him nervous....;)

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

sandhillrider

There was a time when none of us had e-start on our dirt bikes and we made it. So let's not
spoil his learning curve with e-start only advice, it's making it really hard for me to sell him my kick only bike.......just don't follow LD to close, you'll be fine😉

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: grubbie on February 02, 2017, 07:20:57 PM
I would argue, but I can't stop laughing!  Besides, I've only had 12 countable offs since I turned sixty last February.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

I'm sorry Wizard, I realize now that I've been entirely too negative about kick starters.  The above actually only happen to me once and that was several years ago.  Usually what I do is order a Latte when I stall the bike and wait for Sandhillrider to come kick start for me.  :)

Grubbie, I'm still laughing!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

sandhillrider

Beta's have been my saviour as LD ages, they are easier for me to pick up when he falls down and have e-start. ;)
All it takes is a little flower growing in the trail and he's down or the hold my beer moment on the trials bike. I sure miss riding with him, can't wait for summer. Good times.

atrisk5

My neighbor has this for sale. Of course it is in Texas. I would bring it up for you. I would buy it but I still love my SD plated WR426.

https://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/5996678579.html

Wizard

I look no further...

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk