News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

DR650 Rider

Started by ADV Piglet, February 10, 2017, 04:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADV Piglet

Hi all! 

Lived in the area for 2 years,  but have yet to meet anyone that rides offroad. Thrilled to find this forum and hopefully find out about some good/new places to ride in the hills and surrounding areas, and share dual sport adventures.

Really love to run into some other female riders to swap info on gear or bikes, or ride with! Any here? 

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Abercrombie

Welcome to the DDSR from another fairly new member.  You will have to attend the June rally in Deadwood June 15th - 18th.   It will be my first DDSR get together and I can't wait to meet up and ride the Hills with you lucky folks that have that treasure in your back yards.

ADV Piglet

Quote from: Abercrombie on February 10, 2017, 05:24:17 PM
Welcome to the DDSR from another fairly new member.  You will have to attend the June rally in Deadwood June 15th - 18th.   It will be my first DDSR get together and I can't wait to meet up and ride the Hills with you lucky folks that have that treasure in your back yards.
Thanks for the welcome. 
Truly are lucky to have such a great place to ride!

Learned about the rally looking through the forum.  Planning on it for sure!  Great way to meet other riders.  Wish I would have known about last years...

Hank

locopny

Quote from: Abercrombie on February 10, 2017, 05:24:17 PM

Ditto to all the above.
Welcome.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Lonesome Dave

Welcome....there's a bunch of us going to Panera Bread Saturday morning at 9am.  Be sure a stop by...we won't bite.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Wizard

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

ADV Piglet

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on February 10, 2017, 10:01:55 PM
Welcome....there's a bunch of us going to Panera Bread Saturday morning at 9am.  Be sure a stop by...we won't bite.
Thanks for the welcomes...and invite. Be fun to meet up with some other riders, so maybe next time! 

Took the bike out for some fresh air today.  Little chilly but felt great to be riding again.  Let's hope for a nice warm spring!

sandhillrider

Welcome
Mrs. sandhillrider is at most of the rally's with me on her xt250.
We were out for the weekend events,she was hoping to meet you.
We will be out for the spring rally so looking forward to riding with you then.
Enjoy the warm weather and the DR.

atrisk5

Welcome. I am pretty new here also. Won't make the June ride due to our busy season. Just moved to Custer and love the riding.

ADV Piglet

Quote from: sandhillrider on February 12, 2017, 11:11:24 PM
Welcome

Oh good! It's not an all boys club  :P
Give Mrs. sandhillrider my apologies for not making it last weekend. If there is another meetup before the rally, me and Mr. piglet will try make it. If not, look forward to meeting at the rally!

akfalla

Welcome Piglet!
You're in the right place for meeting some great riders! I'm a female rider. We live East river but try and get out that way for the rallies and occasional random trips. I hope to make it in June.
Hopefully we can meet up, it's always nice to have another lady on board. However, there's not one fella in this group that isn't a gentleman so I always feel like I fit in.  :)

Are you open to harder single track or just the moderate forest roads? I like both, but haven't rode for awhile so would love to find someone to do some easy riding with.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– "Wow! What a Ride!"  :o -Hunter S. Thompson

ADV Piglet

Quote from: akfalla on February 14, 2017, 01:47:37 PM
Welcome Piglet!
You're in the right place for meeting some great riders! I'm a female rider. We live East river but try and get out that way for the rallies and occasional random trips. I hope to make it in June.
Hopefully we can meet up, it's always nice to have another lady on board. However, there's not one fella in this group that isn't a gentleman so I always feel like I fit in.  :)

Are you open to harder single track or just the moderate forest roads? I like both, but haven't rode for awhile so would love to find someone to do some easy riding with.
Hi!
I ride both!  Always up for easy rides, but also like to have some fun and challenge myself on the trails.  Size of my bike limits me from doing anything too technical (and I haven't been trail riding all that long) but ok with a few rocks, creeks, hills, etc. 

Hope you can make it in June!

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: ADV Piglet on February 14, 2017, 09:18:47 AM
Quote from: sandhillrider on February 12, 2017, 11:11:24 PM
Welcome

Oh good! It's not an all boys club  :P
Give Mrs. sandhillrider my apologies for not making it last weekend. If there is another meetup before the rally, me and Mr. piglet will try make it. If not, look forward to meeting at the rally!

I think there was at least 4 or 5 ladies at our Saturday breakfast this past Saturday.  We meet every month on the second Saturday.  Watch for the posts on the board. LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !