News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New DS rider / New to RC

Started by Poking, February 23, 2017, 06:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poking

Hey there,

I moved to RC about 6 months ago from Denver, and just bought my first DS last week (CRF 250L). I used to go ride a couple times a year with friends back in CO, but finally decided to get one of my own. I've been reading some of the posts here, and love what you guys are doing! One of the reasons I decided to get a DS is to go explore places that may not be accessible otherwise! I'm really excited to get to explore the hills this summer! I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of you for rides in the future. If you ever put together one of the history rides, definitely count me in! I looked on amazon and there is actually an old copy of one of Dale Baity's old "Ghost Mine" books available. I'm thinking I'll purchase that, as I used to love to go explore old ghost towns in CO.

Anyway, looking forward to learning all about the hills and go exploring!

Lonesome Dave

Welcome................I can tell you'll fit right in here!
If you like, I can introduce you to Dale.  He loves to talk about history of the Black Hills.  He still sells his books and they are usually cheaper from him directly than Amazon.  He also has software for the hills area.

I'll pm you my contact info.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

ADV Piglet

Hello from another newbie here, and to the area as well. Bet the snow is killing you right now with a new bike in the garage!

DS are so much fun in the hills! As much as I enjoy the ride, the destination is my favorite part of having a DS. Love exploring and finding 'cool things' in the hills. 

I must have missed the posts on history rides!  Would love to go on one of those too!

Welcome and maybe see you out there this summer.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Hank

Welcome!

Sent from my Commodore Pet