Skiing this weekend.....watch out Danny Boy!

Started by Lonesome Dave, February 24, 2017, 07:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

First off, the title of this thread refers to a previous thread http://www.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=2301.0 where a group of us went skiing and drinking a while back.  Lots of fun.  Well I had a lot of fun that weekend, but I also had very sore feet from the damn rental boots.  I kind of decided I wasn't going to do that again. 

This weekend is once again my B-day.  My daughter got a free condo rental on Terry Peak and we are going skiing.  I don't like pain, so I started looking at ski boots, and for future races with GB.  Anyway, after some negotiating with the owner of the ski shop, and reminding him he wasn't going to sell the boots this year anyway, we agreed on a pretty good price.  Then he threw me a deal on skis & bindings.  I didn't plan on that.  It was an excellent deal on demo skis and you know the rest of the story.  I must say Danny Boy, they are at least as tall as I am, so watch out.  Yes I'm starting the challenge about 10 months early!

Actually, the grand kids really like skiing with me and I don't spend as much time with them in the summer because I'm always riding!  So I guess it will be the winter time.  Although, I must admit, one of the g-kids always says, "please don't sell the little motorcycle, I really like riding it."  Hmmmmmm!  Maybe a future dual-sporter.

So if anyone is going skiing this weekend at Terry Peak give me a call or text or something.  I'll be there Saturday afternoon and Sunday.  Actually kind of excited about the new skis.  LD   8)

Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Very cool Dave. Will let you practice up and will be ready to bring it on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

KLC63

Way to go Dave. Happy Birthday also Bud.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

locopny

rental boots suck.  Congrats on your own.  And skis.
Have a great time  Birthday boy!
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Hank

Lonesome Dave

Thanks everyone for the B wishes.  The boots worked like they should....no pain!  I liked the skis also.
Going again tomorrow.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Lonesome Dave

Had a good time this weekend.  Sorry Fletch, I didn't see the text until late in the afternoon.
After two days of skiing, I'm really tired.  But today I had one of those "hold my beer" moments.  And yes I actually said that!  I decided it would be fun to ski backwards for awhile.  I made about three turns and then it didn't end so well.  I hit hard on my hip and whacked (sorry Brad) my head on the ground.
I can hardly move tonight.  Stupid Hurts.  :o 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

No problem Dave. I had a moment myself, luckily there were no witnesses..
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Wizard

Dave, time to start wearing your riding gear under you ski gear ;)

greatbuffalo

Dave, maybe a helmet should be added to the rest of your new gear.

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: Wizard on February 27, 2017, 09:54:17 AM
Dave, time to start wearing your riding gear under you ski gear ;)

That's funny, I actually wore my mc jacket when we all went last month.  Yesterday, I didn't, day before I did!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: greatbuffalo on February 27, 2017, 01:08:23 PM
Dave, maybe a helmet should be added to the rest of your new gear.

I agree.....and I would.....if I could remember why!

Actually I wanted to, but I was done spending money.  Next year.
Older - Wiser - Faster !