Why do some just farkle and stare. Bikes were made to be ridden.

Started by Other Brother, March 31, 2017, 04:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Other Brother

I have been in the market for a more street oriented bike than my DR650.  I was looking at the Tiger and  Tenere but came across this 2014 V-Strom 1000 Adventure with a whole lot of bling, only 1000 miles and a price I couldn't walk away from.  I've only put a few hundred miles on it so far but I think this is going to work.  Maybe change the bars and find some kind of cruise and it's all good.  I think I am going to be happy with this bike.

Life is good.   
2002 DR650
"Is gravity increasing as I get older?"

greatbuffalo

Good on you. I think it is a fine bike, not my cup of tea, but I certainly wouldn't criticize it. I really like the DL650 Adventure.

Are those sidecases expandable. They look awfully narrow. I know BMW had some expandable hard cases a few yeas back for the F650 and F800
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Congrats!    They are nice reliable bike.. gas and go for 100K+ miles!

Other Brother

The bags are not expandable and are very small.  I went with the 1000 because I was looking for more of an asphalt princess that can handle two up. 
2002 DR650
"Is gravity increasing as I get older?"

loingrader

That is a nice looking bike.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Deibel

Quote from: Otheer Brother on April 01, 2017, 10:19:56 AM
The bags are not expandable and are very small.  I went with these fresh bingo sites because I was looking for more of an asphalt princess that can handle two up. 

Nice bike, I like it!

ADV Piglet

I like it!  I picked myself up a DL650 Adventure a few weeks ago and loving mine.  Can't go wrong with a Suzuki   ;D

grubbie