News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Headed your way

Started by stever, April 24, 2017, 10:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stever

Greetings to all. I am planning a trip to Black Hills on May 29 to scout the area. Planning on riding 30, 31, and 1 June. Looking for a place to camp that wont  be packed with Sturgis people around August 4-7. We are attending the trials World round in Kingman and are planning to stop in BH for a few days on the way back. If anyone wants to ride some easier fire roads I'm buying breakfast, lunch, dinner, or drinks. I will be van camping and welcome suggestions for great campgrounds.
What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

Lonesome Dave

Welcome Stever.  May 29th weekend, is that Memorial Day weekend?  We might do "plan B" again this year.  We had a group last year that camped at my house (Nemo Road) and road out from there.  As far as campgrounds go.  Especially in Aug., Ditch Creek up by Deerfield lake is a great one.  Lots of trails up there.
There's also Mountain Meadow Campground at Deerfield that has hookups and shower and food.  Two more campgrounds up in that same area, Castle Creek and Black Fox.  Both are also great, they just don't have amenities nearby.  Where are you from?  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

stever

Ach! My bad Dave, Ill change my profile. I am from Wisconsin. No, I don't follow the Packers. It is Memorial weekend, but Ill be traveling on Monday.  Let me look at those places on the map. I suspect we will be coming in from the South in August ( going to stop in Moab and Colorado for some riding before heading to the Hills). I will probably spend one day anyway poking around down South in the park, planning on trying to get away from the Harley crowd.
Would be great to meet up and ride, or at least swap stories. 
What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!