News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Forest Service GPS Maps

Started by Becker, May 12, 2017, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becker

Seems like down loadable and color coded GPS maps were available from the SD forest service web site, where these moved ?, or is there somewhere else GPS maps of all the current trails can be downloaded.   

Wacked

A lot of us use Avenza.   Have downloaded through Avenza and and not thru the FS site..  3 maps need to be downloaded to cover the entire Black Hills

wacked

Becker

Seems like that is for phones, I want to update the maps in my Montana.

Robmicgrn

I posted about this issue a few weeks ago. The Garmin download is a paper map overlay. I haven't had a chance to call FS about this yet. I like the old download better as well.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Harry Potter

Seems like loads of riders are using their cell phone for navigation. Any favorite motorcycle Apps that you have? To get Avenza to load up the whole Black Hills do you have to go to those regions? I can only get the Northern Hills map to come up.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Bruincounselor

I've used Avenza the last few years for the Hills. You do have to download each region's map. If you are tracking routes it will allow you to go off the region (so that data is there - just no map behind that portion).

locopny

+1 for Avenza.
Even have a separate old phone just for mapping. Has downloaded maps for SD ND TN and UT.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

sandhillrider

A group of is has started using Gaia GPS. It runs on phones and tablets.
It has lots of maps including the MVUM for the Black Hills.
It does have a yearly fee to get all features to work but well worth it.