News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Coming to a garage in ND soon...My newest Honda

Started by locopny, May 17, 2017, 10:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locopny

Wanted one since I first saw it on the showroom floor back at LeBard & Underwood Honda in LaHabra CA...Well I made the purchase tonight of a 1989 CBR600
Has just 8400 miles and looks great.  I will be arranging some transportation for it in the next few days as soon as I can find a willing bike toter. 

Anyway, on to a photo or two.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Abercrombie

Sweet looking bike Locopny!  Your patience paid off on a nice low mileage find with a matching helmet.

locopny

Thanks....

its been a long time coming.  Happy to have found it in good shape and the color I wanted.  Spent more than I wanted and still there is shipping....but can't take the $$ with me when I'm gone.
Also promised I'd off some other projects now that I got this. 

I have a Red, White, and Blue theme going and still the love for the late 80's bikes.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

Hank

Love the 80s RWB Hondas..   sweet find.   I had a RWB 86 VFR back in the day and if I found another locally it would be hard to pass it up!

Sent from my Commodore Pet

loingrader

My brother had a 90 f1.  His was not that nice but it ran like a top.  He did an IBA ride on it with me on my XX.  It was a cool bike.  I am also a big fan of RW&B Hondas.  Sweet find.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

locopny

Anyone here happen to be going that way (Detroit) for Memorial Day and have room to haul it back this way? (Watertown, Fargo, Aberdeen, ??)

inquiry at ADV central transport also.  As well as Uship.  Anyplace else I ought to check?
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

Well its on its way.  I used HaulBikes.com and will give them a review here for anyone looking for my experience with this haul.
So far its been painless (except the wallet- but to be fair the price was fair and competitive, just more than I had hoped to pay but still under the just go get it myself number.)
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

update as it was Picked up on June 8th.  and is currently in PA waiting to head back this direction.  No ETA yet....but the truck has a driver-just no release time yet.  Quite the system to move bikes around the country.
So far they are within the parameters of estimated time frames. And my contact rep has been keeping me informed along the way.  I'm sure she is getting tired of me and my questions, but to her compliment she answers them with respect and promptness.  I think she can tell I'm anxious to get it here.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

Right on their time estimates I should have the bike delivered between 3 and 5 pm Thursday.  Two weeks to the day from pick up. So far I'm pleased with the service and the updates I got along the way.

look forward to the first ride.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

Yes...I got it and I rode today just a quick 35 mile trip.  I do mean quick.  running better with good fresh 91 in it.  More responsive. haha.

Not sure these will work this way..but should have 2 photos and a short video.

87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

locopny

video is too large will try something else later.

HaulBikes.com was great.  On time and easy to deal with.
So selling my spare baler and trailer easily covered the shipping costs. 

Is it bad the 2nd road I took it down was gravel ... and that got me thinking (however short lived) that one of these might make an interesting Adventure bike??
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

Hank

locopny

Question for ya about comfortable hand grips for longer riding....what would you recommend?
It has what must be the original grips on the bars and they don't dampen much for rides longer than 30 mins.  I don't have good gloves yet so I wore a pair of insulated leather work gloves as it was better than nothing.  Helped a lot with dampening.  I'd like to find something that I could ride for a couple hours on that would let me enjoy lack of numbness in my hands.  Clutch side not so bad .... throttle side not cool at all.
I don't know if heated grips are needed or not.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

The Yeti

I've always used Grip Puppy grips on most of my bikes. Can be a bit of a struggle to get on, but a dab of dish soap works wonders.  :)
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

+1 to grip puppies.   My old VFR has some really cushy grips but I have no idea what brand they are.

Sent from my Commodore Pet