News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

June '17 planning

Started by Hank, October 28, 2016, 03:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim-MI

Is there a rider's meeting on Thursday night or Friday morning?  This is the first time I've done this ride and I'd like to hook up with a group wanting to ride similar trails.  There's a good possibility I will not get there until early Friday morning and I don't want to miss anything.  I'm really hoping to do the motorcycle only trails. Really looking forward to it!

Abercrombie

"Riders meeting". Is that what you call standing around in a circle drinking beer, talking smart, and reminiscing  about past motorcycle exploits?

As a first timer coming alone, I will be looking for a rider group to join up with.

greatbuffalo

I have given much thought to this since our Moab trip. In light of that. We will hold a riders meeting each morning before we ride just to summorize trail safety and responsibilities. 

Other than that we have no planned routes or rides, it just kinda happens. We try to put those who want to ride the same type of terrain together. That often happens over a beer the night before or over breakfast.

If you are expecting a well oiled machine and general organizing each move, you have come to the wrong place. We are a laid back group who like to ride. Never in a hurry and rarely have a plan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

There are really no rider meetings.  This group is like herding cats.  BUT, for newbies we always try to make sure they are not getting in over their heads.  There's always talk about what or where we are going the next day.  There's usually a single track group that do what they do and at least two or three more groups that do whatever.  We do have a reminder meeting about what to do at corners and such so no man gets left behind and we are all on the same page.

You can ask any of us what we think about a particular group or route.  Often, just knowing who makes up the group, can determine the group's personality and whether a newbie rider should go or not go with them.  It also depends on rider skill, size of bike, and often his attitude about his own bike.  They are all factors.  As I said, just ask.  The main thing here, excluding single track boys, there's nothing to prove here, its about riding in your comfort zone and a little outside of it.  We don't want anyone getting hurt. (Sorry single track boys......I love giving you a hard time!)

The great thing about this group is everyone is welcome, easy to get along with, and all about having fun. 

Yeah, what GB said! ^^

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Jim-MI

Nuthin' wrong with that.  I'll plan accordingly,  catch a group and bring my maps/Gps just in case.

Ps, I'm the "Bark sampler" dude on ADVRider doing DaKal right before this. Appreciate the conditions report too.

Lonesome Dave

That's funny.  I haven't looked on ADV all day!  Dude, I don't know what your worried about, after 4 days on the Dakal, you'll be ready for drinking beer and only talking about riding!  Good luck. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Jim-MI

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on June 07, 2017, 05:24:31 PM
That's funny.  I haven't looked on ADV all day!  Dude, I don't know what your worried about, after 4 days on the Dakal, you'll be ready for drinking beer and only talking about riding!  Good luck.
:cheers

Hank

I'm bummed we're not going to make.  Have a blast and please share pics and video!