News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Photobucket

Started by Hank, July 12, 2017, 06:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogus Jim

I mentioned ImageShack above... a couple days ago, I decided to move my photos there, but after reading the fine print, their "free" account disables uploading after 30 days. Useless! So still not sure where I'm going to move photos to.

I came across a free site called PostImages.org, and they have a plugin for our forum software. Might be an option for those who want to quickly post a photo or two. But I don't know anything about the site, so we'd want to vet it I suppose.

https://postimages.org/smf

Hank

Hank

Hank

That worked but its kinda small.

Hank

I'm going to look into doing photo hosting right on our site.   Would be for DDSR members only with the goal to allow image embedding on any site.   So basically a simplifed version of photobucket for DDSR members only.   Maybe it's not possible or practical  but I at least want to investigate it.

Sent from my Altair 8800

greatbuffalo

That sounds like a great idea Hank
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

Hank I tried using that process from the link you gave for the Google photo embed generator and had no luck. Can you instruct a moron?

Hank

Hank

Its a pain.    Make an album on google photos, add your pictures.   Then click each pic and hit the share icon.      Then click "get link" in the share dialog.

Paste that link into the box here:  https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/

Then it will generate the codes at the bottom - but don't use the IMG code - use the direct link code and put that between the [IMG] brackets (the binoculars icon).    Let me know if it doesn't work.

Bogus Jim

I looked into Amazon Prime photos, since I'm already paying for Prime. Unlimited storage, but they don't support embedding w/ the [IMG] tags as far as I can tell.

I ended up moving my photos to Flickr. The free account doesn't have any serious restrictions that I could see, and you can embed links to the full-size photo.

Anyways, felt good to delete the Photobucket account.

greatbuffalo

I have used flickr in the past, and used to post here, but haven't for some time. I will have to check to see if my account is still active.

Akunin

Quote from: Bogus Jim on December 13, 2017, 08:09:00 PM
I mentioned ImageShack above... a couple days ago, I decided to move my photos there, but after reading the fine print, their "free" account disables uploading after 30 days. Useless! So still not sure where I'm going to move photos to.

I came across a free site called PostImages.org, and they have a plugin for our forum software. Might be an option for those who want to quickly post a photo or two. But I don't know anything about the site, so we'd want to vet it I suppose.

https://postimages.org/smf

I second postimages.org I've used them for several years and had no issues

greatbuffalo

And in the latest twist........  Smugmug is now buying Flicker...