News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Big Horns

Started by ADV Piglet, July 26, 2017, 11:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADV Piglet

Sounds like it will be cooler and only 90 degrees this weekend, so thinking a little trip is in order.  Mr. Piglet doesn't care much for my idea of trip planning, which is "let's see where this road takes us," so hoping to give him something to plug into his beloved GPS.  Never been over to big horns on motorcycles so hoping  you guys can suggest some routes or spots/roads to check out. Be taking the big bikes (finally!), but like to stay off interstate, if possible. Back roads or gravel even better.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lonesome Dave

I think Bogus Jim has a route that way and maybe Grubbie.  Hopefully they will chime in.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

crazy woman creek road is nice (but busy). have to look at a map, but if you go out of meadowlark lodge you can take a back road to tensleep. then nowood river rd. to Hyattville. through thte campground and wind your way over to schell canyon. have fun!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

ADV Piglet

Quote from: Fletch on July 27, 2017, 08:01:21 AM
crazy woman creek road is nice (but busy). have to look at a map, but if you go out of meadowlark lodge you can take a back road to tensleep. then nowood river rd. to Hyattville. through thte campground and wind your way over to schell canyon. have fun!

Thank you! Will check these out.

grubbie

Good suggestions here. Another one is Red Grade Rd. (26) for big bikes. I have only ridden it from east to west, but I think it would be more scenic west to east. Go from Dayton to Burgess junction then turn south, about 6 miles (I think) is rd 26. It's called Copper Creek rd on that end but turns into Woodrock rd., then Red Grade.That will take you back over to the east side of the mountain to Big Horn. The views coming down that side are spectacular.
If I recall, Medicine wheel is around 20 miles from Burgess, but would require some back tracking to get back to Red Grade. Ride safe!

ADV Piglet

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Hope to ride as many scenic routes as time allows.

Can't wait to get on the road!! Be back in a few days with a trip report.

ADV Piglet

Just realized in my initial post I said taking our big bikes. Compared to most of you, all we have is big bikes. Taking the bigger big bikes.