News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Tiger 800 cheap GPS mount done and tested!

Started by Petros, August 01, 2017, 08:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petros

Alright, a few shots of a new gps I picked up and the mount I made for it. All you need is a chunk of 1/8 aluminum, (4) 1/8 ID rubber grommets, (2) 5/8 tall spacers,  (2) 3/4 longer handlebar clamp bolts and a Garmin rugged amps mount if you run a Montana 600 or GpsMap 276cx in this case.
Petros

greatbuffalo

You spent the money on one of tbose

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

I like it just couldn't justify the 700+ and then having to add maps. I think Garvin is way to proud of their devices

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Petros

I couldnt resist. Walked in Scheels and they had it, a non stocked item they wanted gone. So I made an offer. Still pricey, but I can read it and not drop pins while swiping like on the Montana.
Petros

greatbuffalo

I think I found a deal on it it might be tempting

sandhillrider

How are you liking the 276? Having spent a month playing with a small tablet and all the different
Programs I'm not satisfied yet.the 276 hasn't had great reviews but neither did the Montana at first. Just got my dad a new garmin depth finder with gps, and as I was playing with that I thought this would give me a big screen and a bonus of knowing wing how deep the puddle I'm in.

Petros

So far its my favorite GPS. I have a couple Nuvi's, Montana, Etrex, and Magellan. The 276 shines that the screen is big and uses buttons
instead of touch screen. I can manipulate the buttons underway much easier.  I didn't have any issues downloading free maps or the Garmin lower 49. Another bonus is the big screen is much more friendly to make an impromptu route on, being that google earth and base camp don't mix anymore. I think the Montana has more features like calculating area and setting profiles easier, but 276 does switch between Automotive/motorcycle ect. Biggest gripe is just learning to seamlessly navigate through the menus because I'm used to Montana interface. The 276 won't connect to Sena smh10 intercom either, but hooked to smartphone easy. Mine came with a fancy schmancy Garmin rugged amp type mount that isn't very conducive for bike mounting, so I used a standard Amps mount I already had. 
Petros