News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

The Garbage Run

Started by UKbri, May 27, 2017, 06:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKbri

Had an amazing 2 weeks riding Lands End to John OGroats UK with some like minded idiots last week. The idea was proposed by Nathan Milward (he rode his 110 Honda Postie Bike from Australia to London. He has books, look him up). The idea was to ride low powered small bikes and take the long slow route and just have a blast doing it. I took a Honda CG125 powered by 12 angry horses which with a gentle turn of the wrist could propel me to 55mph in a matter of minutes. There were utter pieces of shit including C90's, V80's and a CB200 which had sat in a shed for 30 years. All but one bike made it out of 26. Had an incredible time and saw some amazing scenery of my home country and especially Western Scotland which is as beautiful as anything I've seen on my international travels. I covered 2600 miles in 12 days which is hard work on such a little machine. If you ever get the opportunity to ride the West coast of the UK or LE to JOG, take it, its an experience and achievement. Look up 'The Garbage Run' page on Facebook or Nathans page, lots of photos n shit.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fletch

Sounds like a great time. 
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

loingrader

Ive got Nathans book and a token clothes pin from him.  What a fun trip.  Glad you made it!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

Sounds like a blast.  Love that 3rd pic.

Sent from my Commodore Pet

locopny

Quote from: UKbri on May 27, 2017, 06:31:37 AM
I took a Honda CG125 powered by 12 angry horses which with a gentle turn of the wrist could propel me to 55mph in a matter of minutes. There were utter pieces of shit including C90's, V80's and a CB200 which had sat in a shed for 30 years.

This got me chuckling.  Sounds like an adventure worthy of doing.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

UKbri

Quote from: Hank on May 28, 2017, 10:05:15 AM
Sounds like a blast.  Love that 3rd pic.

Sent from my Commodore Pet

That 3rd pic is the Applecross Pass in Scotland which was one of the best parts of the trip. Incredible geography up there.

Wacked

Does sound like fun! 

We should a "Rubbish Run" here.....  Rapid to Glacier/Rapid to W.Yellowstone/Rapid to WhoKnows - Good trash bag luggage

What a Hoot

jacin theis

That scenery looks awesome. I would love to get to do a trip like that. Thanks for sharing.

Wacked, you should put that together. It would be a fun trip.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

UKbri

greatbuffalo

Ryan and I have been discussing something similar for about a year.

The trip in the UK is on my bucket list.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

locopny

Quote from: Wacked on May 28, 2017, 02:00:10 PM
We should do a "Rubbish Run" here.....  Rapid to Glacier/Rapid to W.Yellowstone/Rapid to WhoKnows - Good trash bag luggage

What a Hoot

interesting concept.  probably would be able to figure out the time to do it even.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!