News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Anniversary trip

Started by Fletch, August 28, 2017, 02:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

So my bride thought we should "do something fun" for our anniversary. I had ridden a section of the COBDR last year and she loved the photos of all the passes around Ouray/Telluride/Silverton, so we decided to check them out 2-up. The only problem is the 12 hour drive to get there. That was two long of a ride on the 1190 for her to remain pleasant company so I did the unthinkable and loaded a perfectly good motorcycle into my pickup and we headed south. I unloaded the poor machine as soon as we arrived to avoid any bad juju from this most despicable treatment of such a fine machine.

We rode less than 400 miles in 3 days, but the scenery was fantastic

It was a great get away and although she had to walk a couple hundred yards due to getting stuck in loose rock or a couple steep rocky downhills she never complained and has more trust in me than I have in myself sometimes!! This was the top of Ophir pass, she had to walk the last hundred yards but loved it:

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Robmicgrn

"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Abercrombie

I didn't know Ophir was doable on a big bike never mind two up.  I'm going to have to add that to my future Tenere ride plans some day.

Fletch

2-up is a little challenging.  But definitely doable. She did have to walk a little ways.  Imogene (?) was a little tougher.  Heated the rear brake until it failed and had to hit the kill switch and use the clutch as the rear brake. all the rest were easy. 

locopny

well happy anniversary.  That sounds like a great trip. 
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

ADV Piglet

Looks amazing!

Where was that second picture taken? That looks fun.

Fletch

Quote from: ADV Piglet on August 29, 2017, 08:12:51 AM
Looks amazing!

Where was that second picture taken? That looks fun.

pretty sure that is Imogene pass, between Ouray and Telluride.