News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Gear shopping

Started by ADV Piglet, August 03, 2017, 08:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADV Piglet

Stopped at Performance Cycle in Denver. Every brand of everything!! Jackets, pants, helmets, bags, tools, parts... Felt like a kid in a candy store.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lonesome Dave

Great store, I was there just after they opened their new store.  Spent lots of money!  Well at least for me anyway!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

South Dakota is "mail order" country... it's good to visit the big cities once in a while.

locopny

Quote from: Bogus Jim on August 03, 2017, 10:50:47 PM
South Dakota is "mail order" country... it's good to visit the big cities once in a while.

ND is the same... the internet is my friend and my biggest challenge when shopping for anything.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Hank

How is the pricing in that store compared to online?   

I'd like to check that place out.  And hey Watertown to Denver flights are $99 each way and sometimes on sale for $75!

There are only a couple kinds of shopping I enjoy... motorcycles,  accessories, maybe electronics, and beer :)

Sent from my Commodore Pet

ADV Piglet

Quote from: Hank on August 04, 2017, 09:50:25 AM
How is the pricing in that store compared to online?   

I'd like to check that place out.  And hey Watertown to Denver flights are $99 each way and sometimes on sale for $75!

There are only a couple kinds of shopping I enjoy... motorcycles,  accessories, maybe electronics, and beer :)

Sent from my Commodore Pet
Cheaper than online prices by maybe 5-10%, but you also pay sales tax, so doesn't end up being that much cheaper.

The big plus side is they carried almost everything, so could compare side by side, try on, etc. I think they had 20-30 different women's jackets so I was able to try them all on (and not ship back ones I didn't like). They probably had 50+ different styles of men's jackets
Same for any of the riding gear - boots, pants, gloves, helmets. So much it was overwhelming trying to choose!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk