News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

The reason why I do business with some folks

Started by greatbuffalo, October 04, 2017, 05:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Two things to talk about.

First, when I was on my big trip last month we stopped at Wolfman in Longmont CO. I was in search of new tankbag. So after an attempt to call my wife to ask permission to spend $250 that failed because Longmont has poor AT&T coverage.

So instead of spending even more like I wanted, I decided to spend the 250 on the tankbag and forget about a few other things I was going to ask my wife about.

So after I purchased the bag I went out to transfer all my crap from the old bag to the new one. I found I really wanted the bigger side pouches. So I brought the old bag in and asked about larger pockets. I also joked that they could take my old bag in trade, or at least give me a deal as being a long term customer.

I was also looking at some rollie bags.

Mark was also eyeing some things.

So I said, the least you could do is cut us a deal on this stuff as we together own about 10 Wolfman products

So the sales guy found the supervisor guy and tickled the keyboard and came up with a 25% discount.

They also took my old bag to repair the 3 failed areas of stitching around some zippers. The said they would repair it for free and ship it back to me.

It arrived today, fixed, and cleaned.

Next, at the end of this trip I noticed a the riser plate on my Happy Trails rear rack was cracked.

I finally got around to calling Happy Trail today and talked to Tim the owner. Explained the situation, and he asked for photos to show the damage to better decide what to do. So I did a he asked.

An hour later I received an email stating that they would take care of it and will do a bit of a redesign on the product to make that area stronger. I talked to his design guy who identified the problem.

No questions were asked, like how much weight or did the bike down? Or any other things that I might have done to cause the damage.

The new riser will be sent out to me the end of next week. They didn't even as for the old part part back.

That is customer service.

Oh one more thing

I bought an inflatable down filled pillow from Moosejaw before the trip. Well as some of you are aware I had a down explosion in my tent in Moab.

Went on line and found Moosejaw has a lifetime no questions asked return policy. Easy peasy. Then I saw that after you print off the prepaid return label, they will deduct $7.95 from the refund. I didn't like that.

So I called them and stated this policy was BS. I go to them, REI and LL Bean because places like Cabela's have become  horrible in  customer service. The customer service person said they will waive the fee and credit my account the full amount.

Oh I almost forgot, Revzilla is handling an issue I have with 2 Sena products. Making the process very easy

It certainly pays dividends to do business with Great companies

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Hey GB, that was a good write up.  Sure will keep that in mind in the future.  Thanks.   
Older - Wiser - Faster !

sandhillrider

GB you sure make it sound like we destroyed a lot of gear on our trip.

I do want to add Motopumps to the list. Have had one for 5 years and has been
beat pretty good on all our off-road adventures. It failed in Moab on our trip last month.
Emailed them when we returned and told them the problem and it had lived a hard life so it may not
be a warranty issue.
There reply was no worries and a new pump arrived 3 days later.
Was impressed with their costumer service.

Fletch

always nice to hear about good customer service. I would add I was very impressed with my recent dealings with Rockmountianmc/atv. I bought some new gear, and of course one thing led to another and I end up with all new gear, about $700 worth from rockymountain. It all arrives as promised, everything is what I expected and it all fits. fast forward 3 weeks and I get an e-mail stating " some of the products you recently purchased are now on sale, we have issued you a $128 credit" I was impressed! 
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

locopny

Quote from: Fletch on October 05, 2017, 08:05:46 AM
fast forward 3 weeks and I get an e-mail stating " some of the products you recently purchased are now on sale, we have issued you a $128 credit" I was impressed!
THIS is more than impressive.  I never get retroactive sale prices.  That is worth looking more closely at RM alone.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Lonesome Dave

OMG!  I have ordered many things from Rocky Mountain over the years.  But WOW, I'm impressed.  I will certainly remember that in the future.
Now if they'd start selling motorcycles.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

That is awesome that RM did that
I bought some stuff from RM several month ago and when I mentioned I saw something cheaper elsewhere they beat that price by 10%

I will add that several of the companies, mostly camping supply companies; REI, LLBean, etc often land on that list that some spread about companies not to do business with because they don't promote our cause.  Cabela's is not on the naughty list but over the years has progressively become more and more difficult to deal with when it comes to customer service.

I shop where I get great customer service. And they have never dumped on me for me for my lifestyle.

Try returning a broken and ripped 10 year old tent to Cabela's and see how far that gets you.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

I quit doing business with Cabela's a few years ago. I had a couple negative experiences but the one that finished it off was when I ask to look at a Walther PPS. The guy handed it to me and I no more than got it in my hand and he says "well, ya gonna buy it or just fondle it all day?". I handed it back and went to Scheel's. I told the sales guy there about what happened. he called Cabella's to verify the price and beat it by $40. Haven't been back to Cabella's since.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike